New Coaching Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n128495 said:
And that same defense gave Jameis Winston the worst game of his career BY FAR.

Winston has played poorly in the first half most of the year. Our defense was nothing special. Sorry.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n128507 said:
I don't care if we keep some position coaches, but we need a new OC and DC. Durkin can stay as a positional coach if he wants. Roper has too much of the Muschamp stench on him to retain. He gambled taking a job with a hot-seat coach and lost.

Maybe one or two on defense but no one on that offense should survive. None.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n128509 said:
Winston has played poorly in the first half most of the year. Our defense was nothing special. Sorry.

Most picks he's ever thrown, fewest yards he's ever thrown for, and I'm fairly certain the fewest yards that offense has gained in the last two seasons.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n128521 said:
Most picks he's ever thrown, fewest yards he's ever thrown for, and I'm fairly certain the fewest yards that offense has gained in the last two seasons.

Facts....please take them somewhere else because T REX doesn't appreciate them or understand them.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He's player poorly all year. He's not even being invited back to the Heisman ceremony.

I'm not saying he didn't have a bad game...he did...really poor throws. He was the same most of the season though. There's zero sense in arguing...you'd argue with me if I said the sun was setting in the west.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Honestly I see both sides of the "retain" and "clean house" argument. Personally, I'm not convinced that Durkin has done anything worthy of being retained as the DC, we all know Muschamp was running the defense, but I could be persuaded if they play good in the bowl game. I find the arguments about whether Roper or Cutcliffe were calling the plays to be beside the point, McElwain is an offensive guy and I think he should bring in who he wants. If he wants Roper, fine, but I don't see why he would and personally would prefer if he cleaned house on the offensive side of the house.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
T REX;n128574 said:
He's player poorly all year. He's not even being invited back to the Heisman ceremony.

I'm not saying he didn't have a bad game...he did...really poor throws. He was the same most of the season though. There's zero sense in arguing...you'd argue with me if I said the sun was setting in the west.

Then how do you explain his "rebound game" against GT? He didn't have any INTs,3 TDs (I think) and was over 300 yards? Yeah our D was nothing special! Look just because one of your friends is dating your ex-girlfriend doesn't mean you get rid of all your frineds. I am all for keeping T-Rob (if he doesn't get that DC job at USF or anywhere eles), and Durkin. That gives us stablility in the recuritment game and some familiar faces for a D that was one of the best in the country.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n128521 said:

I actually agree with this. There wasn't a team in the country playing better defense than us the last half of the season. Even the Mizzou game. They did not quit when they could have and only gave up one true drive in the 1st half, everything else was off turnovers or special teams. They absolutely stonewalled every team we played after the 1st quarter.

ShadowGator

Broken
Oct 24, 2014
T REX;n128574 said:

I think you need to rewatch some of those interceptions... they were not bad throughs, they were great plays by our db's to snag the interception. Our defense was in his head all night.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Winston didn't randomly have a bad game against us. We chased his a$$ all game long and, save for a breakdown or two in coverage, we pretty much cloaked his receivers. We earned those four picks.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
ShadowGator;n128622 said:
I think you need to rewatch some of those interceptions... they were not bad throughs, they were great plays by our db's to snag the interception. Our defense was in his head all night.

I don't know if it would be a compliment, but a Nole told me after the game that he wished they could trade defenses with us...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
My point doesn't change...Winston threw for 40 TDs on 10 picks last year. This year? 24 and 17...not the same guy. He's got a crap ton of off-the field issues. I think they finally caught up to him. He starts poorly in almost every game and using Ga Tech as proof he's good is a joke to me. Our defense was good but not SPECIAL like in 2012.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sociopaths never believe they're wrong or that they can get caught. He's Teflon to the off-field issues if you ask me. What's different is they're allowing opponents to hang too long and he's thus forcing throws trying to make up for lost ground. He's placing too much reliance on his strong arm.

ShadowGator

Broken
Oct 24, 2014
T REX;n128629 said:
My point doesn't change...Winston threw for 40 TDs on 10 picks last year. This year? 24 and 17...not the same guy. He's got a crap ton of off-the field issues. I think they finally caught up to him. He starts poorly in almost every game and using Ga Tech as proof he's good is a joke to me. Our defense was good but not SPECIAL like in 2012.

We are playing lots of underclassmen... can't compare it to 2012. However, that doesn't mean they were not playing stellar against FSU.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
T REX;n128629 said:
That is almost 25% of his INTs attributed to our D adn the other 75+% spread through 12 other games ( a little over 1 per game)....yeah he had a bad year...SMH :bob:. Our D was one of the best in college football this year. You don't get rid of something that is working. Come on man at least let us have one polished turd from this season!

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n128147 said:
There aren't that many schools smaller than USF.

Actually, it is one of the largest public universities in the nation. I believe they have around 48,000 students.

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n128273 said:
I am okay with Roper staying. An Offensive Coordinator runs the scheme the he and the Head Coach agree on. I think Roper had trouble implementing Muschamp's demands into his vision of what the offense could do. There really is no other explanation for not re-running successful plays, not throwing mid-range passes very often, not developing a pass catching tight end, etc. If Mac and Roper have a meeting of the minds on philosophy, Roper will be free to make it happen with the blessing of the Head Coach. He never got close to that with Muschamp. As a professional courtesy, Roper bit his tongue is my guess...

Oh...and pay T-Rob...we do not need to lose him...

We are wasting our time debating whether Coach Mac should keep Roper. You can bet the one person he will not keep is the current OC. He doesn't have a relationship with Roper, and will need an OC that he has coached with in the past who already understands Coach Mac's coaching phylosophy.

I hope we can retain Durkin, Trob, and Lawing on the defensive side of the ball. However, with the timing of Coach Mac having to hit the ground running on the recruiting trail, we may lose some of these coaches who may not roll the dice waiting on Mac to fill his staff.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n128629 said:

You are correct that Winston has not been as good this year. The loss of Benjamin is part of that and I agree on off the field issues, but our defense also gave him the worst game of the year. And while Winson has lit people up in the second half after slow first halves... he did NOT do that to us. Look at the numbers...we shut their offense down in the second half when they have been killing people.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
westflgator;n128683 said:
Actually, it is one of the largest public universities in the nation. I believe they have around 48,000 students.

Nobody needs yo stinkin facts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member