New Coaching Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n128677 said:
That is almost 25% of his INTs attributed to our D adn the other 75+% spread through 12 other games ( a little over 1 per game)....yeah he had a bad year...SMH :bob:. Our D was one of the best in college football this year. You don't get rid of something that is working. Come on man at least let us have one polished turd from this season!

Same D gave up 641 yards to Bammer. I said they were good but let's not go overboard. Cook torched us. Again, they were good not great. Splitting hairs here.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n128470 said:
That defense gave up a record 641 yards to Bama. Wash the stench off please.

WORST in school history.

Yet, just saw on ESPN yesterday that they still managed to finish the season ranked #4 in overall defensive proficiency. They were embarrassed at Alabama. But that defense got better and better as the season progressed and finished lights out. You can't just mention the Bama game as your benchmark and still ignore a # 4 defensive proficiency ranking. I hope we keep a couple of the defensive coaches for stability in the one good thing about our team and secondly for recruiting purposes.

It will also be a lot easier for the defensive scheme to remain in tact while we are installing yet another offense. This will be the 4th offense in 5 years (5 in 6 yrs if you count Meyer's last yr.). It has to be easier if the new HC only has to worry about that side of the ball knowing the D will be stable.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n128698 said:
Same D gave up 641 yards to Bammer. I said they were good but let's not go overboard. Cook torched us. Again, they were good not great. Splitting hairs here.

Is it possible they improved over the course of the year? They adjusted and fixed the mistakes they had against Bama and UK. Muschamp can coach D.

Yes... Cook had a lot of yards.. he did that against a lot of teams, but the D was also getting worn down by an offense that couldn't move the ball. FSU has a very good offensive line and good teams are going to get yards and score points. The D played great that game. I'm not sure why you can't realize that.

ShadowGator

Broken
Oct 24, 2014
Our 2007 defense was suspect with horrible DB play. Our 2008 team won a national championship with an outstanding D. Growth happens and our young players will come back even better next year... just need some D line help.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Alagator;n128702 said:
Yet, just saw on ESPN yesterday that they still managed to finish the season ranked #4 in overall defensive proficiency. They were embarrassed at Alabama. But that defense got better and better as the season progressed and finished lights out. You can't just mention the Bama game as your benchmark and still ignore a # 4 defensive proficiency ranking. I hope we keep a couple of the defensive coaches for stability in the one good thing about our team and secondly for recruiting purposes.

It will also be a lot easier for the defensive scheme to remain in tact while we are installing yet another offense. This will be the 4th offense in 5 years (5 in 6 yrs if you count Meyer's last yr.). It has to be easier if the new HC only has to worry about that side of the ball knowing the D will be stable.

^ THIS!

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Alagator;n128702 said:

^ This!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n128716 said:
Is it possible they improved over the course of the year? They adjusted and fixed the mistakes they had against Bama and UK. Muschamp can coach D.

Yes... Cook had a lot of yards.. he did that against a lot of teams, but the D was also getting worn down by an offense that couldn't move the ball. FSU has a very good offensive line and good teams are going to get yards and score points. The D played great that game. I'm not sure why you can't realize that.

Good...great? They lost because the O sucked. They got ran over IMHO by Cook. That's not great. Sorry.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n128702 said:

How many yards did Cook have? How is that "lights out"? They did get better and they were a GOOD defense. We're arguing over nothing.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
T-Rex the D took a chance. They didn't want Crab Legs beat us and thought that we could stop Cook...well it worked for the most part. It was our Offense that lost EVERY GAME IMHO. We didn't captize on the TOs in the Bama game or the FSU game, we dropped the game winning TD against LSU, and we had to settle for a FG that got blocked against USCe. Now I am not saying that if we scored TDs in all the TOs in the Bama game we win, but that score wouldn't been so lopsided....yes our D made HUGE mistakes in that game (I blame a young Secondary that improved throughout the year). But if you must hang one loss on the D hang it on the Bama game...I will take that from what most think will be the NCs this year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This thread is about the new coaching staff. Get it back on topic. If you want to start a thread about the performance of 2014 UF defense, then start a new thread.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did I mention the Christmas party I went to at Ox's last year? Forty people all separated into different rooms, each with a neat little label on the door letting you know what the conversation was. We had a blast.

:stickpoke:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n128909 said:
Anyway, I just don't this year's defense gets enough credit considering that the O left them in bad positions sometimes. I dont know who the ultimate brain was behind them, but if it was not Muschamp, I hope they are retained. If not, I welcome the new coaches whoever they are going to be.

Anyway's ass. Did you not hear Ox? Back on topic or :ban:. Your call.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n128752]Did I mention the Christmas party I went to at Ox's last year? Forty people all separated into different rooms, each with a neat little label on the door letting you know what the conversation was. We had a blast.

:stickpoke:[/QUOTE]

:lmao:

I was JUST thinking that I never remembered Ox being so anal about "staying on topic" on the old board. Hell, this bunch has never managed to stay on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.