New Feature: Top Posters of the Month

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There's a new widget in the sidebar that shows the Top 5 posters of the month. At the end of the month it will show the "Top Poster" for the previous month in a separate box. Keep in mind that administrators and moderators are exempt from this list, or URGatorbait would end up on top every month. As it sits, law98gator will probably win every month. He's at home on welfare.

I have also exempted all Political Forum posts, or else the Top 5 would be the same guys that post in there 200 times a day all year.

Discuss.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
There's a new widget in the sidebar that shows the Top 5 posters of the month. At the end of the month it will show the "Top Poster" for the previous month in a separate box. Keep in mind that administrators and moderators are exempt from this list, or URGatorbait would end up on top every month. As it sits, law98gator will probably win every month. He's at home on welfare.

I have also exempted all Political Forum posts, or else the Top 5 would be the same guys that post in there 200 times a day all year.

Discuss.
Why not base this on quality content instead of volume?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Why not base this on quality content instead of volume?
And how the hell could a widget track "quality content"? Who decides what "quality content" is?

I think it's possible you could be losing it. But you're still my favorite poster.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
And how the hell could a widget track "quality content"? Who decides what "quality content" is?

I think it's possible you could be losing it. But you're still my favorite poster.
I was just thinking that some of our best quality posters like Cover and SoFla don't post as much as some others.....Other times guys like Willis would get my vote for their recruiting efforts.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I was just thinking that some of our best quality posters like Cover and SoFla don't post as much as some others.....Other times guys like Willis would get my vote for their recruiting efforts.
You're right, as usual. I want to see if there's a widget to rank people on post-to-like ratio.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Maybe you should have a "like" button AND a "really like" button......Don't get me wrong but sometimes I think "likes" are thrown around like, "I love you's",....Does that make sense?

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe you should have a "like" button AND a "really like" button......Don't get me wrong but sometimes I think "likes" are thrown around like, "I love you's",....Does that make sense?
Some people "can't" write a likeable post and some don't have to. ;)

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gren if I had any say so you would win based on your avatar alone..:lol2:
Ox said that I need to learn to write likeable post. I took a night course at the CC. That didn't help any and I even patterned my style after Ox. Nada, nothing works.:gah:

About my avatar, I got the idea from our board liberals. They are such a tight, close knit group. If one gets banned there another one that goes berserk also. Sorta like spooning. :)

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Ox said that I need to learn to write likeable post. I took a night course at the CC. That didn't help any and I even patterned my style after Ox. Nada, nothing works.:gah:

About my avatar, I got the idea from our board liberals. They are such a tight, close knit group. If one gets banned there another one that goes berserk also. Sorta like spooning. :)
And the horses and guys in "Cowboy" hats had nothing to do with it I'm sure.....:lmao2:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
How do you like a post? My like button is gone and how do dislike a post. I have a bunch of URG's to dislike. :shark:
You dork. At the bottom of each post you'll see a blank white box - hover over it and all the options will appear.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Like: "I love you.... Oxie Baby"
:bwahaha:

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You dork. At the bottom of each post you'll see a blank white box - hover over it and all the options will appear.
I'm not dork, I'm a NERD.

What's a dork? Is that someone that catches "little" Dork Fish?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As it sits, law98gator will probably win every month. He's at home on welfare.
:alone:

I am home on vacation this week. You can't stop me, you can only hope to contain me.

Also, how do I file a complaint about that emote no longer being called "Wobble".

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
:alone:

I am home on vacation this week. You can't stop me, you can only hope to contain me.

Also, how do I file a complaint about that emote no longer being called "Wobble".
It was never called Wobble. Try and keep up. :wobble:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.