New forum "Finance" section!

Is there any interest in starting a Finance Forum?

• Yes

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Ham sammich

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • What's "Finance" ?

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wanted to gauge the interest on starting a separate forum devoted to finance, investing, real estate, business etc.. It would not have any political leanings and would be a sharing of ideas on wealth management, saving etc.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Count the number of threads in here with that content, and I'm willing to bet you lunch that there isn't enough to sustain a dedicated forum. I get the concept of 'build it and they will come' but I still don't see it sustaining.

Give it a try. What's to lose? May I suggest if it falls short, the content gets merged back in here with a 'Finance' tag (which by nature asks discussions to be non-partisan?).

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Count the number of threads in here with that content, and I'm willing to bet you lunch that there isn't enough to sustain a dedicated forum. I get the concept of 'build it and they will come' but I still don't see it sustaining.

Give it a try. What's to lose? May I suggest if it falls short, the content gets merged back in here with a 'Finance' tag (which by nature asks discussions to be non-partisan?).

I was thinking about doing the later but then you miss out on the majority of GC posters.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Count me in. My entire career was in the markets either on the trading floor or behind a screen. Follow markets daily and love good banter about equities, futures, interest rates, economics, real estate, finance, other investments, etc.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, it's created, and there is a shortcut added to the left-hand slider.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Absolutely. I'm 48 years old and have been planning my exit strategy for years. Any advice, inputs, etc I'm always open to .

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I should care more about mine. I'd like to think I'd give time to it and participate, but I barely participate in the main forum, so I probably wouldn't. No reason to oppose it, but it won't be sustained by my inputs, so...

ham samich.

I hope it thrives.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Will there be advice on how to avoid paying your whore of an ex wife in perpetuity? You know, for anyone that my need such a thing...

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Will there be advice on how to avoid paying your whore of an ex wife in perpetuity? You know, for anyone that my need such a thing...

Yes. The correct answer was to never get married to a future Ex-Wife. Always stay single and call in the prostitutes. In the long run it is much cheaper and you are not paying for sex. You are paying them to leave!!!:thug:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why didn't you tell me about this before I married those Russian strippers?

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
While I think it's OK, I'd REALLY be hesitant to take any advice offered from random message board people. That said, probably good for ideas that folks can research on their own and make a decision.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
All money matters are on the table. We will draw the line if talk turns to the cost of hiring a hit man though.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
That forum needs some type of disclaimer, kinda like the McDs "Hot Coffee" to protect against any idiots.....

Just a thought....

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
While I think it's OK, I'd REALLY be hesitant to take any advice offered from random message board people. That said, probably good for ideas that folks can research on their own and make a decision.

Well all advice should be to understand for yourself the advice. Nobody knows you well enough to put your interests first other than yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.