New Gator Uniform

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
The main "fresh new look" I want is for our side of the scoreboard to have the most points at the end of the game.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
gingerlover;n148675 said:
I like the script helmets over the F or other logos. the only other one i like is the one with the gator logo. My only question is do they still teach cursive in school anymore.

Are there any teams left that still use cursive for their helmets? I think other than UCLA and us there aren't many.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Leroy Jenkins;n148859 said:
Logo isn't half bad....:exactly:

I never liked it. Was ecstatic when they went with the gator head logo instead.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
chferg;n148854 said:
Are there any teams left that still use cursive for their helmets? I think other than UCLA and us there aren't many.

Cal and Tulsa are the only other ones. I like our current jerseys and don't mind the script. Wouldn't mind an optional helmet color when the orange jersey's are worn.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
So is this just some guy drawing what he wants as a uniform or are we actually considering changing our uniforms for 2015? I've never been a fan of the current Gator head logo myself.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n148944 said:
So is this just some guy drawing what he wants as a uniform or are we actually considering changing our uniforms for 2015? I've never been a fan of the current Gator head logo myself.

These are all "concept" uniforms, which means they are by some kid in his mom's basement.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorTAG;n148912 said:
I like the italicized F logo when we use it.

To me, that's the only acceptable change to the helmet. I know some associate it with the '09 games, but we we were using that italicized F as far back as the early 90's. I have a hat that I would always wear that was darker blue(our traditional color) with an italicized orange F. I'd have no problem seeing us go to that in lieu of the script.

To be clear, up until now, I'd be inclined to leave everything as is, given our success with them. But post the WM era, and his destruction of everything that was built, I'd be ok with someone wanting to forge a new look. Just as many of the 40-50 year old crowd see the orange jerseys as a reminder of those great early 80's teams, while as an 80's kid I only remember the negatives of the late 80's and Spurrier's immediate change to blue in 90 which sparked a new era of success. When it was seamless, I was in the "don't change it" crowd. At this point, it may be fitting.

But to add to the others, yes that uniform in the OP is garbage. Keep everything the same. Just darken the blue a shade or two, and maybe change the script to an F. That 70's logo is decent but has no place on a uniform or helmet.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n148178 said:
I can dedeal with the uniform but I hate the logo.

Saturday down South regurgitation - this guy comes up with some of the ugliest crap known to man and posts "alternate uniform" articles all the time. There is a white and orange version too.

does Wobs work for them? sitting around posting at work, not much to do.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gingerlover;n148645 said:

I like the white or blue script as an alternate or the one with the gator on it a few posts up. I don't think the gator logo would look good on anything but a white helmet, but the script looks good in all 3 colors.

I could get behind these. A change in the helmet once a year would be nice. The script on white or blue helmets to offset the home jerseys.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
As long as we don't bring these back I'm OK with a change. I do like the white helmet with the Gator logo.

g_leak_508.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.