New Gator!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone with more than one kid is a "pro" in my book. I never really considered it truly fun until right about now at 8 and 10. It is fun because they can finally do things I can personally enjoy... not just enjoy because I am doing them as their father. For example.... no adult enjoys playing the Life board game, but I can enjoy playing checkers or chess. Or finally reading and watching real movies. Right now, all 3 of us reading the Harry Potter series and then watching the movie afterwards. I just know the teen years are coming like a speeding bullet... and that does make me happy.

Um, check back when they're teenagers and let us know what you think of the fun. ;) I hope for your sake you miss all that isn't fun. Lying and and self-absorption would top my lists. Oh, and manipulatively playing one parent off on another in a divorce situation.

Just forewarning that things can get bit complicated when they hit their teens.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone with more than one kid is a "pro" in my book. I never really considered it truly fun until right about now at 8 and 10. It is fun because they can finally do things I can personally enjoy... not just enjoy because I am doing them as their father. For example.... no adult enjoys playing the Life board game, but I can enjoy playing checkers or chess. Or finally reading and watching real movies. Right now, all 3 of us reading the Harry Potter series and then watching the movie afterwards. I just know the teen years are coming like a speeding bullet... and that does make me happy.

My 6 year old loves to play chess. I need to figure out how to get him in lessons or classes. I know the game, but not in a truly strategic way.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Um, check back when they're teenagers and let us know what you think of the fun. ;) I hope for your sake you miss all that isn't fun. Lying and and self-absorption would top my lists. Oh, and manipulatively playing one parent off on another in a divorce situation.

Just forewarning that things can get bit complicated when they hit their teens.

You didnt read my last sentence? :lol: I'm no dummy... I know what's coming.

(edit... I had a typo. I said the coming teen years makes me happy. I left out the DOES NOT!! :lol:)

But I'm ready for the challenge. The good news is my wife and I are 100% on the exact same page with them.... across the board. My kids have learned the hard way that going to one parent after already asking the other parent... is disastrous for them.

So many of coworkers are not on the same page with their spouses regarding their kids. I feel bad for them whenever they bring it up at work, as I know it makes life practically impossible.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It would certainly taper their liberal views a tad I bet. Things change a lot when you have the safety of a life other than your own to be concerned about.
Um, wtf?

I'm not saying this is the case, but you guys know some people can't have babies or god forbid just don't want them? There's nothing wrong with not having kids...sometimes it's not for everyone. So it's best not to be judgmental.

Can we get back to congratulating ATX and not commenting about our lack of children or beliefs. Thx.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You didnt read my last sentence? :lol: I'm no dummy... I know what's coming.

(edit... I had a typo. I said the coming teen years makes me happy. I left out the DOES NOT!! :lol:)

But I'm ready for the challenge. The good news is my wife and I are 100% on the exact same page with them.... across the board. My kids have learned the hard way that going to one parent after already asking the other parent... is disastrous for them.

So many of coworkers are not on the same page with their spouses regarding their kids. I feel bad for them whenever they bring it up at work, as I know it makes life practically impossible.

The same page thing is SO important. Even if you don't agree, you need to be united and deal with the disagreement behind closed doors

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb