New Home & Home series for Gator Football! — and it’s... Colorado?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll be damn near 50 by the time this happens...it's gonna be Sept. in Gainesville so if it's not a night game i can predict with good certainty i'll be paying extra for a seat in the shade :lol:
We are entering a new ice age so you should be fine.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I'll be damn near 50 by the time this happens...it's gonna be Sept. in Gainesville so if it's not a night game i can predict with good certainty i'll be paying extra for a seat in the shade :lol:

NEAR 50 in how many years?...You're just a
kids-alligator-costume.jpg

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
When's the last time we played a Pac 10/12 team? I can't even remember one in my lifetime.
I still would like to see Nebraska, Texas A&M and Colorado in the same conference with Texas, Oklahoma and Oky State. Doesn't seem right that Colorado is in the Pac 12.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
This is one of those games, where you go “why are they playing there?”

Colorado is a no-nothing program. Aside from giving the fans (and players) an excuse to toke the legal ganja there, this doesn’t advance our program one bit.

If we win, Kewl we beat Colo F’ing rado. If we lose, then we look WiLLLLie level stupid.

Also, we lose a home game.

This is crap. Good work Athletic Dept.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hope the other home and homes are more exciting matchups, but you never know. Maybe Colorado will surprise us and be a regular playoff contender 10 years from now. But at this point in time, a home and home with them doesn't make much sense.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
When's the last time we played a Pac 10/12 team? I can't even remember one in my lifetime.
I still would like to see Nebraska, Texas A&M and Colorado in the same conference with Texas, Oklahoma and Oky State. Doesn't seem right that Colorado is in the Pac 12.
Pretty sure our last game against a Pac 8/10/12 team was the bowl game against Washington in '89 (last game before SOS). They killed us.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Remember the old SWC?

And when is Mizzou in the South? I'd rather Duke, GT, or VT.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
This should be a fun road trip for the fans. I would love to go to this game. Who knows what the shape of both of the programs will be by then. Will Mullen still be here? We should keep this thread alive and bring it back in nine years like a time capsule.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This game doesn't tickle my pickle.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure our last game against a Pac 8/10/12 team was the bowl game against Washington in '89 (last game before SOS). They killed us.
Freedom Bowl - Ugh. :headslap:
1989 Freedom Bowl - Wikipedia
Since I don't even remember Emmitt playing in that bowl game, this is of note and explains much of my memory loss:
Washington built a twenty-point lead at halftime and won 34–7. Smith gained only 17 yards on seven carries, as Florida was forced to go to the air in the second half. It was Smith's lowest rushing total since his first game as a freshman, when he was a reserve.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
. Aside from giving the fans (and players) an excuse to toke the legal ganja there, this doesn’t advance our program one bit.

With our luck one of the players will try to bring back a pound or two of weed!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Colorado is a no-nothing program. Aside from giving the fans (and players) an excuse to toke the legal ganja there, this doesn’t advance our program one bit.
Colorado has won a NC a lot more recently than UGA.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
As a soon-to-be student at Colorado, I’m stoked! Will always be Gators first but it’ll be fun to have my two alma matters going head to head. Plus, not a much cooler road trip available for fans.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
This is freaking awesome...Boulder is a fantastic town...and my brother has season tickets there so barring death i'll be there...for both games

Yep, the UAA gets itself a nice vacation spot and who cares that UF's player must unnecessarily play a game at altitude. This to me is so typical of UF's UAA since 2000 or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.