New Home & Home series for Gator Football! — and it’s... Colorado?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
So the Indiana Jones bed and breakfast is located in Colorado and the last crusade was filmed there. In case maybe that's the Stricklin twitter reference. In case anyone you were wondering.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I don't understand how this is good for us. Our schedule is already top 10 most years. Doesn't this just cost us revenue from a home game the year we go to Boulder?

Meh. The TV money dominates now and the contribution levels won’t change for boosters because of one less home game. Maybe baseball and tennis will have to buy less balls in 2030, but the revenue “loss” will be minimal. If they can sell it as something more valuable than playing Northern Ohio to the networks, it might even make more in the long run as this is after the new TV/streaming contracts will be up.

Still, Colorado? Pretty uninspiring except for the fun trip.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Colorado isn't a marquee matchup: but they're better than a random MAC or Sun Belt opponent. Gives us a winnable game against a Power 5 opponent and while national interest might be low--who doesn't watch when an SEC school plays OOC early in the year? I sure as hell do and I'm confident others will as well. Will definitely head to Boulder for the away leg and am looking forward to the trip.

A good girl friend of mine went to CU and we were teasing each other about this yesterday.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Meh. The TV money dominates now and the contribution levels won’t change for boosters because of one less home game. Maybe baseball and tennis will have to buy less balls in 2030, but the revenue “loss” will be minimal. If they can sell it as something more valuable than playing Northern Ohio to the networks, it might even make more in the long run as this is after the new TV/streaming contracts will be up.

Still, Colorado? Pretty uninspiring except for the fun trip.
I get the TV angle and thought that might be the play here, but unless the added TV money outweighs the revenue from a home game against a MAC or Mountajn West team, this still seems like nothing but downside to me. We’ll have just taken an already tough schedule and made it even tougher for no reason, making it that much more difficult to get to the playoffs. I sure hope the extra TV money is significant and that we actually spend it on the football program.

Gern Blanston

Banned
BANNED
Aug 27, 2018
The city of Gainesville loses millions wirh losing a hime game playing One of the worst programs in the last 60 years. students and 80,000 fans can't see the game . The only people that's going to help are the few hundred millionaires you can afford to fly out to Colorado . Once again UAA looks out for the millionairs and doesn't give a crap about the city of Gainesville or the average fan who can't spend $2000 to fly to Colorado and pay for hotels tickets and over priced restaurants .

Gern Blanston

Banned
BANNED
Aug 27, 2018
The city of Gainesville loses millions with losing a home game playing One of the worst programs in the last 60 years. students and 80,000 fans can't see the game . The only people that's going to help are the few hundred millionaires you can afford to fly out to Colorado . Once again UAA looks out for the millionairs and doesn't give a crap about the city of Gainesville or the average fan who can't spend $2000 to fly to Colorado and pay for hotels tickets and over priced restaurants .
Sorry for the misspelled "with ""home "

Gern Blanston

Banned
BANNED
Aug 27, 2018
I've loved everything stricken has done but Gainesville businesses losing millions to play a crappy team very few people want to see is elitist bull crap .

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb