New member introductions forum?

Would you support a mandatory New Member Introductions section?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've considered this for a long time. People just show up out of the blue and start posting and we have no idea who they are. Would a new members section be a good idea? Have any value at all?

Keep in mind that if I were to do this, new members would be required by the software to start a new member thread before they could post anywhere else. If I don't do that, the forum would end up a ghost town and no one would use it.

I think making new members feel welcome could be a good thing. Or it could be the worst idea since New Coke.

Vote. Then discuss.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Your observation that if you don't force them to post in the newbie forum or would be a ghost town answers the questions, Maybe some ppl just want to chime in a few threads, some ppl are more chatters, others lurkers. Introverts, extroverts.. so forcing a person to go through that might make some not sign up, they would stay lurking,

Just my 2 cents, flame away

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
They need a green card to start posting.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My 2 cents ain't worth a darn, but I'd think they'd be more inclined to "impulse post" if they didn't have to take the time to introduce themselves first. Lots of folks just lurk for years then out of the blue something grabs their attention and they just wanna have their one say and then fade away again. Force them to go the introduction route first and probably 90% of those impulse posts go away.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, people get enough shakedown in everyday life before they can proceed. Thinking along the same lines as Carib.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My 2 cents ain't worth a darn, but I'd think they'd be more inclined to "impulse post" if they didn't have to take the time to introduce themselves first. Lots of folks just lurk for years then out of the blue something grabs their attention and they just wanna have their one say and then fade away again. Force them to go the introduction route first and probably 90% of those impulse posts go away.
Okay so they make one "impulse post" every six months. What good is that? They might as well stay lurkers. We're looking for people that are going to be regular contributors. A proper welcome may encourage them.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
no biggie to me.

think many would avoid having to post.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Have one sticky thread that's like the kiddie pool and we don't let them out until they convince us, well you, to do it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The folks that want to introduce themselves usually do. Forcing people to will do nothing more than keep most from signing up.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Like some kind of Daycare Center or something??? I think it would be a terrible idea. Throw their azzes right into the mix. It takes a special kind of personality disorder to be a part of this place and CFB message boards in general....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.