New years resolutions

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
One cool thing about teaching is each year is like a new start. New faces and personalities. New coworkers often. So as we get within a week of the new year what is a few of your goals for the coming 2019.
My first one is to REMEMBER to write 2019 when I write those very few checks I still write.
but I digress.
1. Lose that 14 lbs that is driving me nuts.
2. WRITE MUCH MORE for myself and the local paper
3. Get my garage in order. Paint the floor and start my gator room and office.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Mine comes down to weight. I need to lose 50 lbs more. I've already lost 100 lbs, but really need to lose 50 lbs more

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Mine comes down to weight. I need to lose 50 lbs more. I've already lost 100 lbs, but really need to lose 50 lbs more

25 lbs for me by May 1st.

That’s part of an overall resolution to get my life in better balance. I’ve been way too reactive in allowing the tyranny of the urgent at work to disrupt everything including diet & exercise.

I recommend “Smarter, Faster, Better” by Charles Duhigg for insight on that. There’s been a lot of development in the biology and psychology of work that has been helpful to learn.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I need to re-lose 20. Injuries have sidelined me for 6 months. Jogged over 2 miles this evening at just over 10 min mile taking it easy and didn’t feel gassed at all. I was very pleased until my watch said take 3 days off.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Less salt in my diet is a big one. Hard for an old country boy to do, but I got a new Nephrologist at Shands and he's the first that pinpointed this as a means to help control BP. Also, like others in the thread, I need to drop about 20. Exercising more is part of the plan.

I wish everybody good luck with their resolutions. The wife and I went to this Menanite bakery in Colquitt GA called Peace Valley to pick up some sour dough and apple bread that we gave to family and friends for Christmas. The owner told us that they closed the entire month of January since they were tired from the holiday rush and that business was usually slow since everybody was working on their New Years resolutions. But by February 1, most of their customers were off the train and back into their old groove and their business was back to normal. Says a lot about our fortitude! My goal is to at least last longer than January. Really, the salt and exercise thing need to be life long.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The wife and I went to this Menanite bakery in Colquitt GA called Peace Valley to pick up some sour dough and apple bread that we gave to family and friends for Christmas.
you had me at this comment. I have visions of culinary joy in my head imagining a bakery of this faith........or better me standing in it.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
you had me at this comment. I have visions of culinary joy in my head imagining a bakery of this faith........or better me standing in it.
This place is something else! We got on to it while c2Jr was playing baseball at Andrew College up the road in Cuthbert (it is located on Hwy 27 just above Colquitt). Baked goods are their specialty and in addition to the sour dough, apple, and other fruit breads, they make a variety of cakes, cookies, cinnamon rolls, and candies. They also sell fresh fruits and vegetables that they grow and make preserves as well. We buy a few flats of strawberries from them each year and make preserves from them. During the warm months they have some pretty good homemade peach ice cream. Everything we've ever gotten from them has been very good. We try to limit our purchases most times to the bread, but occasionally we backslide and get some cinnamon rolls (a childhood favorite). All the ladies that work in there are traditionally dressed and they all sing in unison when they are baking. The owner reminds me of Mr. Rogers with a beard. Well worth a stop if your ever up that way.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
If you want, I can create a thread when I get some time that encompasses the long road
I was actually thinking about creating a thread for those of us to post our journey to that perfect weight and/or how we are getting there or not. I think it would be a good discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.