Next Jags Head Coach

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Gruden is an excellent playcaller. But, who cares who the OC is as long as Moron is calling the shots. It is like Chump rotating OCs. No matter who called the plays, the offense stayed the same.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Gruden is an excellent playcaller. But, who cares who the OC is as long as Moron is calling the shots. It is like Chump rotating OCs. No matter who called the plays, the offense stayed the same.
Recycling coaches is exactly why I quit watching the NFL years ago. There is no hope unless your team takes a chance on new blood. Moron is a perfect example. He has had his shot and he sucks. Why retread a guy like that? I can understand KC taking a shot at Reid - he was successful at Philly and KC had been down forever. Worst case scenario, he returns them to respectability. We are witnessing best case right now. But so many others make no sense and just scream laziness from a hiring prospective.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Recycling coaches is exactly why I quit watching the NFL years ago. There is no hope unless your team takes a chance on new blood. Moron is a perfect example. He has had his shot and he sucks. Why retread a guy like that? I can understand KC taking a shot at Reid - he was successful at Philly and KC had been down forever. Worst case scenario, he returns them to respectability. We are witnessing best case right now. But so many others make no sense and just scream laziness from a hiring prospective.
It’s like an exclusive club or something. Like Jerry insisting his next HC had to have NFL coaching experience. Why?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It’s like an exclusive club or something. Like Jerry insisting his next HC had to have NFL coaching experience. Why?

It is. I'm amazed as well as the mindset of some of these organizations. They insist on the retread as opposed to opening things up and getting creative. Norv Turner has coached in some capacity for 10 of the 32 teams in the NFL. How is that even possible?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It flat out sickens me that we could have taken a chance on a guy like Eric Bieniemy. He has been Andy Reid's OC since 2018. He has worked under him since 2013. Instead, we get Moron again.

giphy.gif

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not nearly to the degree the NFL is.

true -
Lots of first time, non-retread college head coaches coming up in 2020.

Jimmy Lake (UWash), Jeff Scott (USF), Dave Aranda (Baylor), Sam Pittman (Arky), Ricky Rahne (Old Dominion), Jeff Traylor (UT San Antonio), Marcus Arroyo (UNLV), Shawn Clark (Appy St), Jeff Hafley (BC), Ryan Silverfield (Memphis) and Danny Gonzales (New Mexico).

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not nearly to the degree the NFL is.
First, you're right. Second , there are only 32 NFL teams. Third, the college pool is much deeper. Fourth, most NFL owners play it safe and stay with NFL coaches. College to NFL transitions, right or wrong, have developed a bad rap. As long as the NFL sticks to "its own" it will be guilty of more recycling.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You Jags fans are just ridiculous. How can you possibly be unhappy while you’re the only team in the land with a swimmin’ hole inside your stadium?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I have no gumption at trying to take my ideas to fruition, but back when the Jaguars first came to my hometown.
Having advertising copy & slogans. Coke had that tagline "The Pause that Refreshes" on billboards, etc. So I came up with a billboard coupling Coke with the rah rah Jaguar fans. They sell a ton of Coke during games ... and consumed in homes. Anyway, my idea was for a billboard =
Jaguar in the background, filling the billboard. The writing = "The Claws That Defleshes." :cool:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The #Jaguars hired former #49ers GM Trent Baalke as their new Director of Player Personnel, filling the job formerly held by Chris Polian. GM Dave Caldwell: “We expect him to get involved immediately as we make decisions on our current roster and approach free agency.”

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Two home games this year in London.

drip, drip, drip. That sneaky **** is moving this team to London one game at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator