Gator Basketball Next year’s basketball roster: Mike White lands #1 Graduate Transfer Kerry Blackshear

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, it does seem high school players are coming in better as time goes on. And, it won't take much to get better ones - let's hope. A bit too late for the better H.S. recruits, unless some flip. Transfers offer better ones, if White picks right. Go Gators, reconstruct !

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I liked Ballard’s game. But, if you end up at South Bama, you must not be very good unless off the court issues are why White didn’t play him much.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
While Blackshear is a capable defender it’s his offensive game that is special and if he joined Florida it would seriously change the trajectory of the team.

I have serious doubt White’s offense would use him properly. Also, if Blackshear can’t get the nba to look at him this year, then he is done after college. This is the weakest draft in many years.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Lots of reports are suggesting Blackshear will be turning pro

So he is going overseas? He can't even get a g-league invite to their camp.

Considering the Gators weren’t in the running in his initial recruitment but are now suggests to me he sees the opportunity at Florida and is serious about considering them as suggesting they are one of his favorites wouldn’t be any holdover from his initial recruitment.

I like the sound of this. Hopefully whoever is recruiting him is able to close the deal. Imagine adding a player of his caliber to this class. Wow!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
This kid would probably be a better get than Blacksheer, IMO, as we have a need at his position and he would hopefully be around for more than one year.
Here's a recent article pitching Kansas as the front runner, as he picked Meatchicken over KS prior.
Jalen Wilson could be just what doctor ordered for Kansas
Blackshear × 1000000000 in terms of the better get. I still dont see any way he goes pro unless someone promises to draft him (which I havent seen anything close)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Blackshear × 1000000000 in terms of the better get. I still dont see any way he goes pro unless someone promises to draft him (which I havent seen anything close)
I wouldn't be surprised if blackshear goes pro at all. There's very little he could do to improve his draft stock next year and he'll be another year older. He's guaranteed to not only be on a summer league roster but he'll get a preseason invite too. He's already got his degree. The only real draw to coming here is to come play one season close to home in front of his family.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I wouldn't be surprised if blackshear goes pro at all. There's very little he could do to improve his draft stock next year and he'll be another year older. He's guaranteed to not only be on a summer league roster but he'll get a preseason invite too. He's already got his degree. The only real draw to coming here is to come play one season close to home in front of his family.
And to go for a championship

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The article said this 2019 recruit and it's still early in the recruitment cycle. Is that earliness accurate? Wouldn't his class start in September - 5 months away?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.