Gator Basketball Next year’s basketball roster: Mike White lands #1 Graduate Transfer Kerry Blackshear

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The article said this 2019 recruit and it's still early in the recruitment cycle. Is that earliness accurate? Wouldn't his class start in September - 5 months away?

1. I think the article means it is pretty early in his recruitment SINCE asking for his releases from his NLOI that he signed with Michigan. You are correct it is late the the overall recruiting cycle.

2. I wonder if he really meant UF or he is just confusing UF with one of his earlier finalists, FSU? This would not be the first time a recruit made such an error.

3. I suspect UF could find room for Blackshear and WIlson if both want to come.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Well it is Nembhard decision week. Like everyone I expect him to withdraw from the draft. I am a bit surprised he has not done so yet.

I have only had one worry about him staying in from the start. I immediately noticed that the only pick his home town team has is the 58th ie second to last in the draft. Well if you were Toronto and wanted to make the most of that pick you might go for someone particularly a home town player who might blow up this year and you would never get a chance to pick in a year. So I worry a small amount that Toronto will make Nembhard a promise to pick him with the 58th pick and he will take them up on it and stay in the draft. (I do think that making a big splash in the playoffs makes it less likely Toronto will worry about making as big a splash as they can with the 58th pick.) Toronto did have Nembhard in for a workout.

Draft workout notes: Canadian Andrew Nembhard and NCAA champion Kyle Guy headlines 2nd group - Raptors Republic

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like we will have adequate replacements for Nembhard ? Hope he returns tho and improves. But, I don't think he'll ever improve on his weird shooting form? Our 2019 Gators need Nembhard to form a young team around. I'd sure like smoothest growth and development next season. Want long win-streaks with some surprise upsets.
Go Gators!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Jason Jitoboh has changed a bit since signing. The dude has muscled up. He keeps that physique when he gets on campus, he will play. Dude looks like a monster.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So they are looking to draft Fox's backup. Not necessarily a smart move by Nembhard....2nd rounders are normally doomed.

I have been close to the NBA for 20 years - there is little about Nembhard's game right now that says NBA to me. I can understand a young man wanting to get on with his professional career, wherever that is, but I would be very surprised if, come November, he is on an NBA roster.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nembrandt, did not paint himself as a "star-power" player last year. There is a possibility that if Nembrandt returned for his sophomore season, he would be unimpressive. Apparently, even after auditioning on court for the scouts, he remains unimpressive to all. ??

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The kid is smart, taking advantage of the process. He went to NBA draft camps, worked out for a few teams, talked to scouts face to face, and found out what he needed to work on. I hope for a big improvement next season.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Back to UF next year ... will his playing time diminish with the presence of freshman stars?

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Back to UF next year ... will his playing time diminish with the presence of freshman stars?
No. We need a pass first PG with court vision to set up the other players. He had bumps along his freshman year, but he fits the bill.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Jason Jitoboh has changed a bit since signing. The dude has muscled up. He keeps that physique when he gets on campus, he will play. Dude looks like a monster.

Great. I'm not asking for much in a big guy. Just the low post moves of Macklin, the overall offensive game of Speights, the defensive tenacity of Noah, and the combined IQ of Horford and Young, and the team first lay it on the line attitude of Young. . :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator