Gator Basketball Next year’s basketball roster: Mike White lands #1 Graduate Transfer Kerry Blackshear

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I don't think anyone knows. I see guys reporting we are in the mix. I do think he is torn. We should find out this week. I just hope it isn't uk.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Rumors are flying around that Blackshear is leaning towards staying in Blacksburg.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Any day. Uk people say they are out. Tinerc or Va Tech are the names being thrown out today with staying at Va. Tech the most likely.

I've heard different and if I was betting I'd still be placing a bet on the dark horse (Gator in this instance)

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
It sounds like Va Tech is pulling out all the stops to keep him there and the longer this goes the more likely he stays. If he has developed some chemistry with the new coach the logical move would be to stay. For us he would be a great fit, and his proximity to home could be the deciding factor. Not sure what the draw is at UT over anyone else. As a Gator I want him in orange and blue. But my gut says he stays in Blacksburg.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
So what is Blackshear looking for? I think 3 things:

1. To be picked in the 2020 NBA draft

2. To be the man

3. To be on a team likely to make an NCAA tourney run

His possibilities seems to be aTm, UAR, UF, UK, UTn, and VaTech. Lets look at his likely criteria in reverse:

A. In which of these programs are likely to make a long NCAA tourney run: UF, UK

B. In which of these programs is he likely to be the man: aTm, UAR, UTn, VaTech

C. Which of these programs will help him most in the NBA draft: None, the NBA draft is based on things like wingspan and skills that will not really change in a year.

So he now mulls over whether whether criteria 2 or 3 is more important to him.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So what is Blackshear looking for? I think 3 things:

1. To be picked in the 2020 NBA draft

2. To be the man

3. To be on a team likely to make an NCAA tourney run

His possibilities seems to be aTm, UAR, UF, UK, UTn, and VaTech. Lets look at his likely criteria in reverse:

A. In which of these programs are likely to make a long NCAA tourney run: UF, UK

B. In which of these programs is he likely to be the man: aTm, UAR, UTn, VaTech

C. Which of these programs will help him most in the NBA draft: None, the NBA draft is based on things like wingspan and skills that will not really change in a year.

So he now mulls over whether whether criteria 2 or 3 is more important to him.

Hopefully being close to home is one of the things he values.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Hopefully being close to home is one of the things he values.

Yeah I think because no school really can give him everything he wants, he is considering secondary issues like location. It is his last year to live near home before maybe playing in Portland or Athens or Shanghai next year.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
All of this talk, I've forgotten = is Blackshear coming to graduate school? If so what's his subject?
Also, why so much chatter when it appears Blackshear is so "closed-mouth" about this?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
All of this talk, I've forgotten = is Blackshear coming to graduate school? If so what's his subject?
Also, why so much chatter when it appears Blackshear is so "closed-mouth" about this?

1. Other than Barry can you remember a grad transfer in any sport where someone mentioned the program they were seeking to take?

2. It is the off season, so there is nothing else to talk about.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I think we’re landing him based on the things I’ve been told

tenor.gif

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Matt Jones (@KySportsRadio) tweeted at 5:58 PM on Wed, Jun 26, 2019:
I have no idea what Kerry Blackshear will do BUT the chatter right now is Florida is the pick

We may know by the end of the night
()

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Its happening!!!!

Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) tweeted at 8:14 PM on Wed, Jun 26, 2019:
Been told Virginia Tech and Tennessee are out for Kerry Blackshear, per source. My semi-educated pick: Florida.
()

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.