Gator Basketball Next year’s basketball roster: Mike White lands #1 Graduate Transfer Kerry Blackshear

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
We do have 3 young freshman who played significant minutes and at times played impressively. They will be joined by 3 more freshmen next year. Just those 6 include an inside scoring threat and defender (Payne), a couple solid ball handlers (Mann and Nembhard), a couple of shooters (Locke and Mann), a slasher and defender (Lewis) and a dynamic player who can score and rebound ( KJ). Pick up a grad transfer with size and get more out of any combination of Ballard/stone/Bassett/Okauru and I think you could say the rebuild is already progressing.

I think that too many do not believe the talent level of the 6 youngins is very impressive. I think it is.

Final piece is more length. Need a strong 2020 class and we’ll have talent, depth and continuity.
Let it go, Marine. We are awful and wont get better. We have no coach. There is no hope till we get a Pearl or Calimari or that hot shot coach from UCF or East Pascagula Technical Institute........

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Let it go, Marine. We are awful and wont get better. We have no coach. There is no hope till we get a Pearl or Calimari or that hot shot coach from UCF or East Pascagula Technical Institute........
I imagine Ballard & Okauru will transfer. They lost playing time to freshmen this year and 2 more guys at the same positions are coming in next year. Why would they stay? Hopefully, Stone's rehab goes well and he's back at full strength. Can't count on Gak and hopefully Stokes will re-commit himself to getting in shape and learning how to play without feeling he has to shoot every time he touches the ball. He could be a force. I agree that we need to try to get a quality transfer to help in the front court. Finally, I want nothing to do with Bruce "the sweating cheater" Pearl or the twice guilty cheat Caliperi and wouldn't want to hire any coach with their lack of ethics.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Basketball recruiting is stifling. Gotta wheel and deal with AAU "ambulance chasers"?
Can become friendly with a kid (if you spot one) about June 15th his sophomore season.??
Seems once a school gets a commit for a position they shut down recruiting that position. Then later on yhat kid can change his mind and go elsewhere and you've ignored several other players at that position during that passage of time.?? Those guys are going elsewhere.

What's the # of players we can bring in for 2019-2020? I know that we've got 3 good ones coming -- any more?
Apparently, many of the best players are paid through intermediaries. UF just doesn't do that.

Egor's Assistant

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Billy Donovan managed to go 36-3 with this roster of non-who's who's:

Fine group of over achievers. How many NBA players on that list? Kasey Hill and Chris Walker were both 5-star all-Americans. How come we drop off to a losing season after Young and company left.

Egor's Assistant

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
You forgot to mention it's because we're cheap.

Egor's Assistant

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I imagine Ballard & Okauru will transfer. .
Ballard's a good player, just needs to develop his shot some more and be more consistent and careful with the ball in his hands. He's an excellent swingman on a deep roster. Good size and quickness. Needs higher 3 percentage. Needs to be more relaxed on the court. Okauru would do better in a different league. Unless he just wants to watch the game from the bench and be a solid practice contributor.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In off-season, can these "almosty" guys go to "camps" or hire a tutor?
Remember our football guys had to hire personal weight trainers.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just caught the tail end of the McDonald's all American dunk contest. Scottie lewis got freakin hosed. This dude is unreal.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I just caught the tail end of the McDonald's all American dunk contest. Scottie lewis got freakin hosed. This dude is unreal.

Him and Mann have crazy potential. Throw them with Nemb, KJ and Locke, and we have something cooking.

Throw in a solid big man transfer and things might get weird.

Egor's Assistant

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Him and Mann have crazy potential. Throw them with Nemb, KJ and Locke, and we have something cooking.

Nembhard is going to shine with some better finishers around the basket. Don't sleep on Stokes. He's gonna be a key player for us if he keeps improving. His brother played in the NBA and Isiah only recently switched from Football to Basketball... plus his injuries last year slowed him down. Maybe Tacao Fall wants to transfer in.... 7' 6" ! Yeah baby. Basset I'm not so sure what we've got in him. We'll see next season. Can't wait.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I think Payne is gonna be a solid contributor aswell. Most of the time when these guys come out of montverde, they're ready to step in and play immediately.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Get us a viable core in #s enuf to go top speed.
Speed D, speed O, wear everybody out, even us fans. Next year, aspireworks Gators.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I think Payne is gonna be a solid contributor aswell. Most of the time when these guys come out of montverde, they're ready to step in and play immediately.

Watching Payne on tape it’s clear he is real comfortable around the basket...good footwork, moves, awareness. Makes power moves and can play with finesse.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Watching Payne on tape it’s clear he is real comfortable around the basket...good footwork, moves, awareness. Makes power moves and can play with finesse.

Right now, wrap his knees in Tommy Copper, ankles too.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This sounds like Walker and Hill coming in. I’m sure it’s all different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.