Gator Basketball Next year’s basketball roster: Mike White lands #1 Graduate Transfer Kerry Blackshear

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We made the cut too, didn't we? We're one of the five.
But OSU just hired his older brother to coach.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Excited. We be good 2019-2020 ... 2020-2021 ... 2021-2022 keep it Gator-roll rolling Mike White. Gotta make your players shine to keep it up.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Excited. We be good 2019-2020 ... 2020-2021 ... 2021-2022 keep it Gator-roll rolling Mike White. Gotta make your players shine to keep it up.

Well let's see:

2019-20 rotation:

PG: Nembhard, Mann
SG: Locke
SF: Lewis
PF: Johnson, Payne
C: Blackshear

Sure other guys could step up and there is room for an 8th guy in the rotation, but those 7 are the likely rotation.

2020-21 if Nembhard, Mann, Lewis and Johnson leave early:

PG: Appleby, Glover
SG: Locke
SF: Druiji
PF: Payne,
C: Jitoboh

With room for someone like Hall to back up the post positions and a SG/SF signee or grad transfer to get into the rotation too.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
He really didn’t have the horses inside then. He’s a real balanced roster this year. It’s going to be a fun season.
I hope you're right. With Blackshear, Coach White has no excuses to NOT finish out a possession (late in the game) using the inside game to score easy buckets instead of clanging desperate 3s.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I hope you're right. With Blackshear, Coach White has no excuses to NOT finish out a possession (late in the game) using the inside game to score easy buckets instead of clanging desperate 3s.

I prefer he use all his options and goes with what’s working in the flow of the game. We have post players, slashers, shooters and ball handlers/passers. No need to ever be predictable. We are very balanced.

Having said that....Blackshear gives us a legitimate inside threat. I suspect he will get plenty of late game touches.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
He really didn’t have the horses inside then. He’s a real balanced roster this year. It’s going to be a fun season.

I don't see how you can call it a balance roster when he is going to start a 6'5" guy at PF again this year.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I don't see how you can call it a balance roster when he is going to start a 6'5" guy at PF again this year.

In one of those videos, he is amazed at our size. If he really trots out KJ at pf, I’ll lose it. Things will start flying in my house. Language that would make the devil blush will leave my mouth. Thanks Insti. I’m already getting pissed off and the season is a long ways off.

:law::law::law:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

Balance: Bigs, slashers, shooters, passers, and ball handlers. Offense and defense.

Personally I believe as the season develops we will see different lineup combinations. I also have no problem with our 6’5 guy. He is a very good player who will contribute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.