Next year's QB competition

Keene-Flint

Nov 3, 2017
Is FF a RSJR next year? If he Franks it up mid season like some have suggested would we be looking to process him out to make it an easier transition to EJ or JJ, or welcome him back as a solid backup but potential team cancer (as I’ve read somewhere on GC)?

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Is FF a RSJR next year? If he Franks it up mid season like some have suggested would we be looking to process him out to make it an easier transition to EJ or JJ, or welcome him back as a solid backup but potential team cancer (as I’ve read somewhere on GC)?

Redshirt Junior in 2019
I'm betting he transfers if he gets benched for EJ. I think we're all wishing for him to have a good enough season to want to try the NFL. So that way we can move on as a program. All things from Mcelwain's era feel tainted. I think Emory Jones is going to be a star here.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't agree with the guaranteed worsening of Franks. By the end of the season he showed worthwhile development. I think he can contribute more yards per run than EJ can. That means Franks maintains more drives = more TDs. Franks will be our best passer = more drives successful. EJ will be used when learning on the job is sensible in that Franks has gotten us a safe lead. All that can be real is to watch the QB abilities unfold on the field.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Rumors about such a talent being imminently available. People always talk about those QBs even before the enter.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Every time I'd see EJ standing next to FF, I couldn't get over how much smaller he was. It will be interesting to see how much that changes by next season. Maybe even spring.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Every time I'd see EJ standing next to FF, I couldn't get over how much smaller he was. It will be interesting to see how much that changes by next season. Maybe even spring.
Tebow was very much the exception bc he was a one a decade game changing talent and one of the best power backs ever. Generally being taller isnt a positive thing for a runner. It just gives the linebackers a much bigger target to hit.

Being "shorter" also isnt the detriment that Gcmb groupthink makes it out to be. Plenty of QBs are competent, even elite at 6ish foot.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Burrow, Tatertot Martell, the guys at OU, of the top of my head without burning many neurons.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Nearly everything Mullen has told us has been true. He said before the season that our QB’s would be much better in 2019 than 2018. Bodes well.

FF threw 24 tds with 6 ints plus 7 running TD’s. What’s much better? Maybe 30/6 and 10? That’s a nice season.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Just rewatched Michigan blowout and a thought popped in my head: this is Franks’ team. I think the guys feed off his (hate to say it) swagger. I really think he’s the leader of the team.

Then again, I could be wrong.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Just rewatched Michigan blowout and a thought popped in my head: this is Franks’ team. I think the guys feed off his (hate to say it) swagger. I really think he’s the leader of the team.

Then again, I could be wrong.
Well, as long as you’re sure......

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.