NFC/AFC Championship Thread

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
WobbleGator;n155012 said:
Montana is still a better QB than Brady.

Brady vs. Montana is an argument worth having (unlike Brady vs. Manning). I'm sure Brady would have enjoyed multiple seasons throwing to the best wide receiver in history.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Since65;n155029 said:
Brady vs. Montana is an argument worth having (unlike Brady vs. Manning). I'm sure Brady would have enjoyed multiple seasons throwing to the best wide receiver in history.

Brady had Moss though. Talent wise, Moss was a better WR than Rice.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n155037 said:
Brady had Moss though. Talent wise, Moss was a better WR than Rice.
Brady didn't have moss for very long. Montana had two stud receivers and a stud tight end. It's not even close who had better weapons to work with the majority of their careers.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n155046 said:
Brady didn't have moss for very long. Montana had two stud receivers and a stud tight end. It's not even close who had better weapons to work with the majority of their careers.

Montana is still better.

Montana also played back when defenses were allowed to play defense. None of this over protection that is done in the NFL now.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Brady is great, and is in the conversation, but he hasn't done what Montana did. He didn't change the game the way Unitas did. Defense has been legislated to the point where offenses have an extreme advantage in the passing game (which in turn has made the running back position devalued).

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n155047 said:
Montana is still better.

Montana also played back when defenses were allowed to play defense. None of this over protection that is done in the NFL now.
Now that's a more valid argument. It seems a there's a flag for every incomplete pass these days. Makes the nfl hard to watch

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.