NHL: Can the Bolts 3 peat? - Conference Finals start 06/01

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Tampa swept the Florida Panthers and seem to be in a groove as the playoffs move on. Florida had the best regular season record. The Lightning will play the winner of NY Rangers or Carolina Hurricanes. In the West, the Edmonton Oilers lead Calgary 3-1 and Colorado leads STL Blues 3-2.

I tuned in to the Blues game last night, it was 3-0 Colorado and it looked like they would eliminate STL. Then it turned into a really fun game to watch. Blues tied it, MacKinnon made a hat trick goal w/ under 3 minutes that reminded me of Gretzky, then STL tied it again in the last minute to force overtime.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Lightning are the best team in the NHL. And Cooper is the best coach.

Bringing in Paul, Hagel, and Perry this year was genius. Perry the veteran and Hagel and Paul infuse young front line talent.

I think the team could be better this year than last.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Not a huge hockey fan, but I do like watching the playoffs and especially the finals. One of the better things that has happened in hockey over the last thirty years has been the lack of a multi year dominant team. A few teams, like the Lightning, have won two in a row, but no team has won three in a row in almost 40 years. When I was young, the NHL went through a 20 year period (1971-1990) where the league was dominated by three teams - the Canadiens, the Islanders, and the Oilers. Of those 20 Cups, they won all but four of them. In the 30 since then? No team has won more than 4 and there have been 15 different champions. Good for the league and for the fans.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Lightning are the best team in the NHL. And Cooper is the best coach.

Bringing in Paul, Hagel, and Perry this year was genius. Perry the veteran and Hagel and Paul infuse young front line talent.

I think the team could be better this year than last.

Have to caveat that with Point being injured. With a healthy Point I'm right there with you. Still, we have depth and are peaking at the right time. Paul was the MVP of the Toronto series, and all three of Paul, Hagel, and Perry showed up big in the Panthers series. I had Toronto as the 2nd best team in the East just behind us, and so far it's playing out that way. Neither Carolina nor NY would have won a series against them.

I would love to see us win a third cup in a row. It would cement this Lightning team as a dynasty in the modern hockey era, and any whispers that our last two cups were somehow illegitimate due to the covid crap would be put to bed forever. Let's go Lightning! *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think the Bolts are the most complete team in the NHL. They can match up and beat every team left in the Playoffs yet it is very hard to win Championships....... I think the odds are like 55 /45 they win it all but I wouldn't be surprised if they stumble out the door. As usual, it's all about having a "Hot" player in the Goal mouth.

Go Bolts!

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
It was a relief to win game 7 vs Toronto. It was a surprise to sweep the Panthers. Vasi and company look confident and ready. Hopefully more rest for Point can bring him back. It has been almost 2 weeks.

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
Bolts have the best coach, the best goaltender in the world, and best defenseman Hedman in the world. Anything short of a 3 peat at this stage is an upset. Plus they play as a team 1st, look at all the shots they block, stunning. Bolts have no weakness when healthy.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bolts have the best coach, the best goaltender in the world, and best defenseman Hedman in the world. Anything short of a 3 peat at this stage is an upset. Plus they play as a team 1st, look at all the shots they block, stunning. Bolts have no weakness when healthy.

You'd think so, but Vegas and the talking heads have been downplaying us all year. Vegas still has Colorado winning it all, and the talking tards on TNT picked us to lose to Toronto and Florida. Seems like the intermission crew on ESPN has more love for us, but that's not surprising with Ryan Callahan being there. Other than that I agree with you. Still a long way to go, though. Gotta stay healthy and Vasy needs to stay in the zone. He was absolutely lights out against Florida.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Have to caveat that with Point being injured. With a healthy Point I'm right there with you. Still, we have depth and are peaking at the right time. Paul was the MVP of the Toronto series, and all three of Paul, Hagel, and Perry showed up big in the Panthers series. I had Toronto as the 2nd best team in the East just behind us, and so far it's playing out that way. Neither Carolina nor NY would have won a series against them.

I would love to see us win a third cup in a row. It would cement this Lightning team as a dynasty in the modern hockey era, and any whispers that our last two cups were somehow illegitimate due to the covid crap would be put to bed forever. Let's go Lightning! *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

I think they’ve already settled any legitimate questions about the last 2 cups with that sweep. Vasilevski is in such a zone. There will always be detractors but not taken seriously.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rangers getting way to much love. Media really needs the New York Market to tune in.

Go Bolts!

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
GO BOLTS!!!

I might be a little distracted on my phone at Kid Rock this Sat night.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Take that "Igor's better" chant and shove it new york scum! Got scored on TWICE by a guy that's not scored in the playoffs since 2020. Then stammer took one of the kids behind the woodshed and beat him down

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bolts are finally playing their game but the Rangers are showing they belong with the Big Boys!

Game 6 is an elimination game and Vassi has a record of playing big time in these games.

Go Bolts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator