Gator Basketball Nice 5* get for Mike White ...

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
UF has shifted to a 3 guard set. So having Stone, Bassett, Gak, Hayes, C. Johnson and Stokes means UF has 6 guys for 2 positions and only one, Hayes is a SR.
Gak was out, the others were playing last season? Are they the guys for the job?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Gak was out, the others were playing last season? Are they the guys for the job?

Well:

1. Hayes of course started much of the year.

2. Stone did too.

3. Gak played through nagging knee injuries.

4. Bassett also played a few minutes on average, but played a bit more in the conference season as the light seemingly came on some for him a bit.

5. C. Johnson played a game or two before suffering a concussion and redshirting,

6. Stoke had a knee injury in I think January of his high school season and was redshirted and needed to get in shape for college basketball anyway.

I believe there is a thought C.Johnson can contribute. There are high hopes about Stokes based a lot I think on the fact that his brother was very good at UTn.

Last edited:

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Yeah, we will be deep at the 4 and 5 spots this year and next. Keyontae will also play some 4 I believe

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Our roster is Stacked and Loaded. Its just how do they all gel together and get hot at the right times. I loved the Mike White hire from the get go. He has PROVEN that he can develop into a coach that can develop players and get into the NCAA Tourney and win 20 games or more. White knows how to recruit and get his players into his system. The future is bright baby! Go Gators!!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's the class I am hoping for or we come close to if not achieve

Mann
Lewis
Walker
Payne

From what I have heard this is extremely possible

That would be a HUGE haul and likely a top 5 class! Will we have room for 4 incoming freshmen? Hudson, Allen and Hayes will be gone, so Stone or Nembhard would need to declare for the draft or we’d need someone to transfer out to make room for 4.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
That would be a HUGE haul and likely a top 5 class! Will we have room for 4 incoming freshmen? Hudson, Allen and Hayes will be gone, so Stone or Nembhard would need to declare for the draft or we’d need someone to transfer out to make room for 4.

According to the 247 class calculator that class would be 68.27. Those points would have been 5th last year.

And yes UF would need all SRs to leave and then someone else to take four. I would think there is a good chance that someone leaves early or there is a transfer as someone is going to be disappointed in their minutes this season. I could see both someone leaving early and someone transferring leaving room for another signee or a grad transfer.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
We will have 1 leave maybe 2 depending on early entry/transfer

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Yeah, we will be deep at the 4 and 5 spots this year and next. Keyontae will also play some 4 I believe

I expect the February/March rotation to be:

G: Allen, Nembhard, Okauru
W: Hudson, Stone
P: Hayes, Stone, Bassett, Gak

Stone is on there twice so that is an 8 player rotation. Hudson of course may get some guard minutes too. A rotation of 8 is about right. Maybe someone will surprise, but they will have to be good enough to take minutes away from one of those 8 players.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
PG: Nembhard, Oakuru
SG: Allen, Locke, Hudson
SF: Hudson, K. Johnson, Ballard
PF: Stone, C. Johnson, K. Johnson, Hayes
C: Hayes, Stokes, Gak, Bassett

Come Feb/March Gak, Bassett, Ballard will be getting less minutes imo. We will be playing 10 consistently

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
PG: Nembhard, Oakuru
SG: Allen, Locke, Hudson
SF: Hudson, K. Johnson, Ballard
PF: Stone, C. Johnson, K. Johnson, Hayes
C: Hayes, Stokes, Gak, Bassett

Come Feb/March Gak, Bassett, Ballard will be getting less minutes imo. We will be playing 10 consistently

UF has not played 10 consistently in February since 1999-00, if even then. I am not sure why that would happen this year. As far as how you look at the roster, I say a lot about how you see the program. I guess maybe White sees it:

PG: Nembhard, Allen
SG: Allen, Okauru, Ballard, Locke
SF: Hudson, K. Johnson,
PF: Stone, Bassett, C. Johnson
C: Hayes, Gak, Stokes

I know at the end of the season last year it was reported that the staff saw Okauru as a SG, but maybe that was for recruiting purposes?

I see it more:

PG: Nembhard, Okauru
SG: Allen, Ballard, Locke
SF: Stone, Hudson, K.Johnson
PF: Bassett, C.Johnson, Stokes
C: Hayes, Gak,

If you want to be critical of White, you might see the roster:

PG: Nembhard
SG: Allen, Hudson, Okauru, Ballard, Locke, K.Johnson
SF:
PF: Hayes, Stone, Bassett, C.Johnson, Stokes
C: Gak

and consider it highly unbalance.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nembhard Allen Hudson Stone and Hayes will be the starters. I'll be interested to see who else who cracks the rotation. I'm hoping Bassett makes some strides this off season. I think Locke an keyonte Johnson will pass Ballard and chase Johnson. Whites kinda funny about minutes to bits. He went back and forth with basset and gal. I don't see stokes fitting in at all.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Loving Mann already...out there recruiting the stars

View attachment 10659

Keep posting, Lee!

I don’t follow B-ball recruiting well enough to recognize the good, great and elite players by name alone. Please include whatever rankings, layman’s interpretation of those rankings, comparisons to the blue bloods talent, etc...

Hoping we can enjoy great seasons in both FB and BB!

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Keep posting, Lee!

I don’t follow B-ball recruiting well enough to recognize the good, great and elite players by name alone. Please include whatever rankings, layman’s interpretation of those rankings, comparisons to the blue bloods talent, etc...

Hoping we can enjoy great seasons in both FB and BB!

Basically he tagged 3 people inside the gators on the instagram post I attached above.

Name/Ranking

Tre Mann- 23, committed, been discussed

Scottie Lewis-11, SG/SF. Top level Star, competition are UK, Villanova, and Duke, 6'5", Top 5 Player in the Class imo

CJ Walker- 41, but ESPN I believe has him moved up to 19 and still rising, SF/PF, competition are, AZ, LSU, Oregon, Miami 6'8"

Omar Payne- 37, PF/C. 7'5" Wingspan, 6'9", best shot blocker in he class, competition are FSU, LSU, UofL, Ohio St. We are really good with him at the moment

All are crazy althetic, high flyers, can shoot, amazing defenders (Payne can shoot mid range), score at will etc...we are talking 4 McDonald's All-Americans potentially

All 4 would be 4/5 Star recruits and amazing gets by themselves. I believe all will end up top 30. Scottie Lewis is the tops at the moment, but CJ Walker is rising crazy fast. Both are good friends with Mann (CJ Walker plays with him).

Currently Lewis and Payne are visiting us in a couple of weeks and then Walker a week later I believe.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Thanks, Lee!

Ox, my like button is a one-shot operation. Can I get upgraded to fully automatic w/ high capacity magazine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.