Gator Basketball Nice 5* get for Mike White ...

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Loving Mann already...out there recruiting the stars

It is great he wants the same class we picked.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Either the feds stopped the pipeline of shoe money, or the jumpman got in on the action. Because our recruiting has suddenly took off.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The recruits see the high flying offense and a lot of playing time to be had. White was seen as an NIT type coach before he came here and has quickly proved that wrong. He is getting great players here at UF and building his program. The future is bright for UF Basketball under White. Go Gators!!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Either the feds stopped the pipeline of shoe money, or the jumpman got in on the action. Because our recruiting has suddenly took off.

All that has happened so far is that a kid from Gainesville who went away for high school opted to commit to UF his home town college that has a pretty high level college basketball program.

The other 3 guys are either from central Florida or have relatives in Florida in the case of Lewis. Lewis is the one possibly different recruit being a five star recruit who is out of state. But Nembhard was from Canada but happened to play at an in state program.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Another CB for scottie lewis today.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Basically he tagged 3 people inside the gators on the instagram post I attached above.

Thanks for putting the clips all in one place. Clearly CJ Walker looks the part of a SF. He showed some range and handle. Also Lewis look the part of a slashing SG to me.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
the feds stopped the pipeline of shoe money Because our recruiting has suddenly took off.

I think ThinG8r might be correct in suggesting that now with those underhanded "shoe agents" unable to "groom" kids to choose certain powerhouse schools, other programs (UF) now have better chances at top players. = a more level playing field.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
I think ThinG8r might be correct in suggesting that now with those underhanded "shoe agents" unable to "groom" kids to choose certain powerhouse schools, other programs (UF) now have better chances at top players. = a more level playing field.

Or else Jumpman has a bigger bag.....

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Ran across this today:

Corey Evans • BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com said:
THREE DREAMIN'
3. FLORIDA

Tre Mann's commitment could be the tip of the iceberg for what is to come over the next 30 days. Scottie Lewis, a five-star wing from New Jersey, and Omar Payne, a local product and top-50 center, will head to Gainesville. Florida and Kentucky are the most talked about with Lewis and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see Lewis come off of the board in September in favor of the Gators. Payne might be more willing to wait things out some but Florida has found great traction with him. A visit is in the works for C.J. Walker, too, one of the top breakout performers from July who played alongside Mann on the travel circuit. While his commitment might be a month or two away, the Gators sit among the favorites of which would only bolster their chances of a nationally ranked class.

BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - The Deep Three: Who's cruisin', dreamin', hurtin' after August?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Also this:

Rivals.com said:
2. How important is having a good football team, or at least good game day experience, when it comes to official visits in basketball?

Bossi
: It’s not a deal-breaker or a true necessity because we see schools that don’t have big time football or who have bad football programs getting guys. But, I don’t see how a great football atmosphere can do anything but help in hoops recruiting. You are trying to show a kid as good of a time as possible and being able to take him to tailgates, pre game functions, parade him around field level prior to the game and have people care – or at least the opportunity to place people in a recruit’s path who care – is a good thing.

Sure, there is the occasional kid who doesn’t care at all about football, but those guys will often find non- football weekends or make sure their visits coincide with basketball activities as well. I can’t imagine there is a coach in America who doesn’t want their football program to be strong because it can only help.

Evans: It is a double-edge sword. On one end, a quality football program equates to a good game day experience which should bring out the best in what a school can provide. Therefore, the college prospect gets the chance to see the respective school at its finest.

However, the drawback of a good football program could be the fact that the school might be known first as a ‘football school.’ USC, Oklahoma, and Florida have withstood such labels and succeeded on both playing surfaces, but it seems that it can also be a detriment and a negative recruiting tool for used by opposing programs.

Kansas, Indiana, Villanova and Xavier have not struggled with a lacking contending football unit; at the end of the day, it all comes back to who can put the prospect into the best spot in order for a national title to be celebrated and an NBA spot to be achieved.

McDonald: It's like a lot of things when it comes to the recruiting process where it just depends on the kid. Somebody like myself in high school would have been swayed heavily by going to visit a school for a huge football game with a crazy atmosphere. I love the sport, but also love everything that comes with the game day experience. But some kids go the opposite direction and don't really care. It just comes down to the coaches recruiting a particular kid figuring out if the football weekend experience would help or hurt.

4. Which of 2019's early commitments caught you the most off guard?

McDonald: I did not see Mann popping for Florida when he did. When he opened up his recruitment back in July to add schools to his list, particularly North Carolina, I thought that was a bad sign for Florida, Kansas and Tennessee who made up his top three at the time. Like many, I thought he was going to visit UNC and commit shortly after. However, Mike White's staff did a terrific job to reel in the local star for one of the more significant commitments so far in the 2019 class.

Both fair use quotations from:

BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Rivals Roundtable: Key visits, early commitments and more

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.