Nice to be here...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
More or less. I heard you cuss at least once...Id never seen a vette painted in a home garage. Pretty cool set up. My wife would have divorced me just for suggesting it.
I sealed off the door into the house and ventilated the garage fairly well. Incredibly, no paint fumes came into the house. I put 7 coats of base and 2 coats of clear.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome aboard lurkers and those coming out of the closet. You can get more background on the vette, home repairs, cooking tips, how to make moonshine and other pearls of wisdom in the other member sections of the this forum.

Whatever your political leanings, sexual orientation, and religious belief is, somebody here will disagree with you and hopefully insults you properly, but in all kinds of weather, we are all Gators, so don’t take it too personally.

Go Gators

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If 78 has any more alias's that want to come out of nowhere and send me money to become Supporting Members, I'm all for it. Bring 'em on, 78!
I feel like 78 is the type of dude to create (and fund) his own virtual entourage.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Ox, I have sprayed several vehicles over the years and I think you did good with no experience. I always painted in those environments because I never had a paint booth. I just built a 77 F150 4X4 and took out a 351m400 4 speed and built me a 460 pushing around 400hp with a C6 automatic behind it. I sprayed it in my garage but I live in the country so its not a big deal and my garage isn't attached to the house so my prep work wasn't half as extensive as yours..

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
What can I say? I'm an old guy (get off my lawn!) who appreciates (but doesn't always agree with) the experience of other old guys.

Wonder what qualifies as “old” here on GC. Ox, you tracking the demographics in your spare time?

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
He was on a Tampa Bay independent channel (WTOG-44) for a couple of decades. Saturday afternoons, I think. (Sort of a local counterpart to Elvira Mistress of the Dark). I didn’t realize he had a more regional presence too.

Me too. Thought it was a local deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.