Nikki Haley resigns as UN ambassador

Discussion in 'Politics' started by g8tr72, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Gatoravatara

Gatoravatara Protaganista

Oxbucks:
    $729
    Ratings:
    +1,990 / -547
    I dont think anybody is celebrating anything. Every time my ex took the morning after pill she felt like puking the entire day- and we are talking like BK-like puking.

2. Gatoravatara

Gatoravatara Protaganista

Oxbucks:
    $729
    Ratings:
    +1,990 / -547
    You think you can actually change people from wanting to blow men to all of the sudden wanting to hook up with women. I knew a lot people that used to be in the closet. Some got married to straight women and had kids and then fvvked their family once they got caught blowing someone. You want to go back to that? People pretending not to be gay and then destroying a straight women's life?

3. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $3,390
    Ratings:
    +6,252 / -38
    "Anything"

This is quite possibly the most erroneous and ignorant thing you've ever posted, and that is a huge sample size from which to draw a conclusion.

I will be gracious and give you the benefit of the doubt that you are clueless, possible willfully, as to the litany of instances where partial birth is celebrated.

Also, consider this a rare exception when I respond to any of your trolling drivel.

4. divits

divits A Muffin of the Studly Variety
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $4,014
    Ratings:
    +13,069 / -66
    You libs love to celebrate abortions. There's an internet full of thousands and thousands of examples of it. It's rather disgusting celebrating ripping a fetus out of a woman's womb. But that's the result of letting the lunatic fringe take over.

[​IMG]

I always thought you guys say that abortions were supposed to be legal and rare? That turned out to be total bull$h!t now didn't it? The rare part I mean. And the thing is I'm 100% for free contraception and don't believe that birth control is killing babies.

• Like Like x 3
    • Facepalm Facepalm x 1
    • List
    • g8orbill

g8orbill OldGator
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $478
      Ratings:
      +516 / -1
      vatara you cannot make laws or decisions based upon the exception- there is NOTHING normal about homosexuality no mater how much the left tries to make it so

• 5-Star Finger

5-Star Finger Apex predator of the political forum biome
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $1,564
      Ratings:
      +2,737 / -21
      Then you'd be a Catholic. And yes, you'd have a problem with barrier methods.

EDIT - I don't mean to imply that they don't believe life begins at conception - they take it farther however and believe barriers to conception shouldn't be used.

#126 5-Star Finger, Oct 11, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    • 5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $1,564
      Ratings:
      +2,737 / -21
      You're asking a theological question. Does it really matter as for the purposes of law you really can't determine an answer to that question? For me the question of importance is "is it alive?" Biologically that answer is yes. Then you have to answer "what kind of life is it?" Biologically that answer is human, at least once conception has happened. It's no longer merely cellular as it has a separate genes from it's parents and is something entirely new and apart from either of them.

You'd be hard pressed to find someone that would indicate human life shouldn't be protected at some point. So the meaningful question is at what point. If you don't go with conception - what point do you ascribe personhood? Heart beat? Brain function? Birth? I don't think it is an easy argument to make that we should draw the line at any other point than conception. Any argument we can formulate that moves it past that stage can be stretched to apply to stages well past birth.

• Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $2,926
      Ratings:
      +11,060 / -64
      Congratulations on your opinion. I simply don’t share it. The fact that it’s hard to determine where the line is in an admittedly gray area doesn’t mean that we draw the line all the way to the far end of the spectrum where you want it to be drawn.

• 5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $1,564
      Ratings:
      +2,737 / -21
      Biological realities aren't opinions, it's science. It's alive and it's human life and that much is settled.

Where the line should be drawn in granting protection of that life is a matter of opinion. Maybe you'd care to make an argument for where it should be, if you have one? Saying it's a gray area isn't much of an argument - because you can draw the exact opposite conclusion from that same point. I think "it's a gray area" lends itself better for putting it at an early period than a later one. If we're going to kill something that is alive we should probably be certain what we are doing is right. If we are uncertain, than the right thing to do is nothing.

• divits

divits A Muffin of the Studly Variety
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $4,014
      Ratings:
      +13,069 / -66
      Agreed. Nor should we go to the other end of the spectrum as many abortion proponents go and say that life doesn't exist even when a baby is within an inch of birth canal from being born. Because there is a large contingent that wants unfettered abortion at ANY time.

#130 divits, Oct 11, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    • TLB

TLB Just chillin'
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $2,226
      Ratings:
      +4,750 / -53
      So - anything further on WHY she chose to step down, and now? Saw speculation earlier, but haven't heard anything more formative since it came out.

• Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $2,926
      Ratings:
      +11,060 / -64
      The notion that a fertilized egg is a human being is hardly a scientific fact. It is your opinion. End of story.

• Gatordiddy

Gatordiddy Well-Known Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $1,976
      Ratings:
      +4,183 / -14
      Not just his opinion, but also the opinion of this professor of neurobiology:

A Scientific View of When Life Begins | Charlotte Lozier Institute

• Tilly

Tilly 40K posts on UF boards. A legend in my own mind.

Oxbucks:
      $237
      Ratings:
      +234 / -16
      That is my personal dream team. I would love that.

• 5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $1,564
      Ratings:
      +2,737 / -21
      It's human life. Now we've moved on to personhood. Try and keep up. ;)

• Tilly

Tilly 40K posts on UF boards. A legend in my own mind.

Oxbucks:
      $237
      Ratings:
      +234 / -16
      Liberals are the kings/queens (or whatever they identify as) of taking terms and twisting them into something they are not.

"Progressive" being one.

• Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $2,926
      Ratings:
      +11,060 / -64
      So your claim now is there’s a difference between a human and a person? I guess I am trying to keep up.

• 5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $1,564
      Ratings:
      +2,737 / -21
      I said that it's alive, and that life is human. Now we have to determine whether that human life deserves the protections of personhood. I'm the one that is saying, yes - that life should have the protections of personhood. You're the one that is saying it shouldn't. So you are saying there is difference between being human and a person. Get it?

• Scott512

Scott512 Senior Member

Oxbucks:
      $637
      Ratings:
      +1,342 / -28
      Nikki left? Bye girl! ,)

She was nothing special in my opinion she was okay but much better than Omarosa or Michael Cohen.

• Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $2,926
      Ratings:
      +11,060 / -64
      However you want to frame it. I believe what I said was that a fertilized egg is not the same thing as a person (in my opinion), even though the cells are human. Just like the cells in the amputated leg (I believe you used as an example in one of your posts) are certainly human but the leg by itself isn't a person. A scientist might argue that a clump of cells is human based on some measurable quantity of substances, such as DNA. But a person IMO is more than that. A person has feelings, empathy, awareness, etc. Preventing a clump of cells from metamorphosing to that point isn't murder, and the courts agree. Some people really wrestle with the philosophy of it. For me, its no different than wearing a condom. It prevents the unwanted creation of a person as a byproduct of sexual intercourse. Which is really then genesis IMO of the angst over this topic.

Alas, I know I just wasted my time because this has been hashed out so many times in so many ways on these pages and nobody has ever convinced anybody of anything. I'll just offer one last opinion, which I've shared before: Anybody who thinks Kavanaugh is going to open the door to repealing RvW is fooling themselves. And even on the extremely unlikely event that they simply kick the issue back to the states one day, no state in the union is going to outlaw abortion either.