NIL ruined football. Playoff Committee, “Hold my beer”

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
On occasion this format will produce an interesting Dark Horse that due to injuries or blooming late in the season can run the table on the other teams. The extra week might make for some overconfident play on behalf of the presumed favorites. Will enjoy watching 2nd tier SEC teams destroy the rest of the field, on occasion.
This is the first exception to my rule. The times a team like Cincy or ND ends up in the top four.

The bye will do them no good because they shouldn't be in the top four to begin with.

Think about last year. Where would Cincy have been seeded if there were 12 teams in. My guess is outside the top four, so they wouldn't have a bye.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Not this year however...

Or any year with the playcalling/game management under this coach. But our board leader likes ripping me and anyone else who disagrees at every opportunity. You think I don't want to be wrong?! We ALL want Gator greatness. But I don't see it with this guy. I go with my gut. And my gut was never happy from the get-go with this hire and even moreso now. I genuinely don't see that changing, even if we'd get the #1 recruiting class. Hey Napier, PROVE. ME WRONG. I'll eat crow for a decade if you do.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Don't worry folks, stricklin's on the case. He's assured us a permanent 1st, 2nd, 3rd and final round by every year! :yes:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Or any year with the playcalling/game management under this coach. But our board leader likes ripping me and anyone else who disagrees at every opportunity. You think I don't want to be wrong?! We ALL want Gator greatness. But I don't see it with this guy. I go with my gut. And my gut was never happy from the get-go with this hire and even moreso now. I genuinely don't see that changing, even if we'd get the #1 recruiting class. Hey Napier, PROVE. ME WRONG. I'll eat crow for a decade if you do.
Even with a #1 recruiting class???

Steve Carell Smile GIF by Apple TV+

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think the SEC was one of the main conferences pushing for 12 once the decision was made to expand it. They didn’t want automatic qualifiers with only 6-8 teams. They were trying to ensure there would be enough spots for 3-4+ SEC teams. I recall Sankey saying as much.
Especially with future expansion

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator