No practice Tuesday of week of WLOCP

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Thank you for your logical response. That is a valid point about where athlete goes to school vs where they can actually vote. The NCAA's action isn't going to mean all of sudden 80% of athletes are gonna vote, due to either being out of state, not registered, no desire to vote, etc.
But where is the harm in providing this day off from athletics in order to vote? Even if it means just one more student athlete voted than compared to having no "voting day off", then it's worth it.

You are still an idiot

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Thank you for your logical response. That is a valid point about where athlete goes to school vs where they can actually vote. The NCAA's action isn't going to mean all of sudden 80% of athletes are gonna vote, due to either being out of state, not registered, no desire to vote, etc.
But where is the harm in providing this day off from athletics in order to vote? Even if it means just one more student athlete voted than compared to having no "voting day off", then it's worth it.

Do you ever notice that this question(statement) seems to pepper most of your arguments. And yet in each case, the eventual "harm" manifests itself in a way that most sane, logical people could see from a mile away. As Douglas pointed out, it's catering to a specific group. Is there a direct negative as a result, maybe not. But it's just continually altering things(to accomplish an obvious purpose) that's completely unnecessary as was documented by my link above. And once again, it's knowingly bringing politics into a world and discussion where it has no place. But hey, it's gone so well so far.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The day it self isn't the issue, its the reasoning and the effectiveness. This is just to give the NCAA a look that it's trying to do something. Not educating the student bodies on properly voting, getting absentee ballots, actually taking responsibility as an adult to do that. It's here is a free day because we are trying to placate the masses.

When I was at UF, I drove 30 minutes out of town to vote in the elections I was registered for. When I moved to the Tampa, the first election due to timing '04, I did an absentee ballot. It's about responsibility as well, you have to be responsible for your vote. If I can vote while working 45+ hours a week and taking 12 hours of Master's classes. Asking these adults to make time out of their schedules to vote with only 20 hours of practice time a week, I don't think is asking too much.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Do you ever notice that this question(statement) seems to pepper most of your arguments. And yet in each case, the eventual "harm" manifests itself in a way that most sane, logical people could see from a mile away. As Douglas pointed out, it's catering to a specific group. Is there a direct negative as a result, maybe not. But it's just continually altering things(to accomplish an obvious purpose) that's completely unnecessary as was documented by my link above. And once again, it's knowingly bringing politics into a world and discussion where it has no place. But hey, it's gone so well so far.

He likes to make problems where problems don't exist then use it to prop up his non factual beliefs. People like him treat exceptions as the norm and are always a bug in the system. Correct me if I am wrong, but the NCAA already has a time limit on how much they can practice each day anyways. Just another empty action by a useless organization propped up by morons like queenie.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Where is the harm?

Ummm..it's f*cking game week! Missing a practice is the harm, dummy! This country makes it easier to vote than practically anywhere in the world - to the point that many blue states don't require an ID to vote (which is completely mind blowing). But yeah, no harm in missing a day of practice/game prep during a rivalry week.

9912158.gif

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
We have more starters coming back so it's gonna hurt georgia more so I wish they would make it more days.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
He likes to make problems where problems don't exist then use it to prop up his non factual beliefs. People like him treat exceptions as the norm and are always a bug in the system. Correct me if I am wrong, but the NCAA already has a time limit on how much they can practice each day anyways. Just another empty action by a useless organization propped up by morons like queenie.
If this doesn't describe Dictator Trump and many of supporters perfectly, then I don't know what statement does.
Regarding the topic at hand, I'm not denying that it can seem like an empty gesture by the NCAA. But anything done legally to promote more voting (by any legal adult - especially young people who vote less - of ANY political ideology) is fine in my book.

QueenCityGator

Aug 12, 2014
NCAA athletes are not a "specific group". They are spread throughout the country, play different sports, and are of many races. The only "specific group" I can think of is that they are young people. And people like you probably don't want young people to vote because they won't vote for Dictator Trump.
The NCAA is just wanting them to vote - they're not saying who for them to vote for. The NCAA wanting people to vote shouldn't be a divisive issue.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Good for the NCAA. Hopefully the players actually go out and vote.
Most of you probably oppose this measure. You can share your justifications, and fool yourself into believing your justification, but it'll all just be code for "I don't want too many young black people voting".
I don't want uneducated people voting. I realize for your side that's your only hope.

QueenCityGator

Aug 12, 2014
I don't want anybody who is a different skin color or political ideology than me voting. I realize for your side that's your only hope.
Unlike you, I don't mind Republicans/conservatives to vote. They are not my enemy. I'm sorry to break this shocking news to you, but I'm just as American as you.
I want ANYBODY who legally can vote to vote. My dream would be like Australia where everyone is required to vote (with the option of having a "no vote" ballot option) to ensure the will of the people is truly represented. I know I'll get a lotta sh*t about that last sentence, but I don't care.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
If this doesn't describe Dictator Trump and many of supporters perfectly, then I don't know what statement does.
Regarding the topic at hand, I'm not denying that it can seem like an empty gesture by the NCAA. But anything done legally to promote more voting (by any legal adult - especially young people who vote less - of ANY political ideology) is fine in my book.

With every word you put out for others to read here you further prove what a moron you are and why your opinions are so grossly ignorant.

First ... there isn't a single problem with the ability for student athletes to facking vote nor has there ever been. There are polling locations on campus at just about every single college. Second ... never has there ever been an issue with student athletes being denied the ability to vote because they couldn't miss practice. Third ... these people are not voting because they don't want to vote and never have they not voted because they were restricted. So when an organization makes another rule to fix a problem that never existed I tend to want to tell that organization to stay in their GD lane and stop trying to fix stuff that aint broke. But people like you seem to think that it is fixing a problem and there is no harm. Sorry ... good citizens should rally against stupid ****e like this instead of encouraging it and saying there is no harm done. More rules and regulations encourages more corruption and loss of freedoms.

Hey ... when a moron says I sound like Trump it just means a moron thinks I sound like Trump ... I don't really sound like Trump. Buy you are still a moron.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
NCAA athletes are not a "specific group". They are spread throughout the country, play different sports, and are of many races. The only "specific group" I can think of is that they are young people. And people like you probably don't want young people to vote because they won't vote for Dictator Trump.
The NCAA is just wanting them to vote - they're not saying who for them to vote for. The NCAA wanting people to vote shouldn't be a divisive issue.

NCAA athletes aren't a specific group? Yes, I'm aware that they play different sports and are different races. They are still a unique group, as seen by the fact that one governing body makes a rule that applies to all of them collectively. So yes, they are a specific group.

And ftr, people like me have done very well personally and financially under 4 presidents(caught the tail end of Clinton), and will continue to do so regardless of whatever schlep, D or R, the voters select. I don't like any of them and never have. What I dislike even more though is the incessant whining that I've had to endure for the past 45 months. When it was non-stop foot-stomping about the previous guy, trust me I conveyed the same message. You just didn't see that because sports were almost entirely(gasp) devoid of politics.

To your last point, yes they may not be telling anyone who to vote for. But all this talk about getting out to vote is absolutely a loaded message of "make a change" or basically "vote for Biden", which is fine by me. If your life is somehow that dependent on a guy who's been a part of the system for 47 years and yet claims it's apparently worse now than ever but has the magic fix, then you're hopeless anyway and too dumb to have any impact on my life.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
NCAA athletes aren't a specific group? Yes, I'm aware that they play different sports and are different races. They are still a unique group, as seen by the fact that one governing body makes a rule that applies to all of them collectively. So yes, they are a specific group.

And ftr, people like me have done very well personally and financially under 4 presidents(caught the tail end of Clinton), and will continue to do so regardless of whatever schlep, D or R, the voters select. I don't like any of them and never have. What I dislike even more though is the incessant whining that I've had to endure for the past 45 months. When it was non-stop foot-stomping about the previous guy, trust me I conveyed the same message. You just didn't see that because sports were almost entirely(gasp) devoid of politics.

To your last point, yes they may not be telling anyone who to vote for. But all this talk about getting out to vote is absolutely a loaded message of "make a change" or basically "vote for Biden", which is fine by me. If your life is somehow that dependent on a guy who's been a part of the system for 47 years and yet claims it's apparently worse now than ever but has the magic fix, then you're hopeless anyway and too dumb to have any impact on my life.
If you scratch below the surface of most any Biden supporter, what you'll really find is no strong love for him as much as blinding hatred for Trump. How else could one explain the willingness to ignore Biden's obviously damaged mental state?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good for the NCAA. Hopefully the players actually go out and vote.
Most of you probably oppose this measure. You can share your justifications, and fool yourself into believing your justification, but it'll all just be code for "I don't want too many young black people voting".

How dare you accuse black people of
Not being able to do two things in a single day . You think blacks are so stupid they can’t possibly multitask . What a good for nothing bigot you are .

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
What a stinking, steaming bag of bullschitt. For a few hundred years Americans have gone to work AND voted on election day. Is this generation so weak, so pampered and coddled that they can't have any inconvenience or distraction in order to find one hour or so out of their day to go fill out a ballot? If they can't figure out how to do this, then they don't deserve to vote.

QueenCityGator

Aug 12, 2014
How dare you accuse black people of
Not being able to do two things in a single day . You think blacks are so stupid they can’t possibly multitask . What a good for nothing bigot you are .
Usually the people who most loudly accuse someone of being a bigot are the ones who are most bigoted.
Example - Listening to homophobes who you find out years later are actually gay.

QueenCityGator

Aug 12, 2014
What a stinking, steaming bag of bullschitt. For a few hundred years Americans have gone to work AND voted on election day. Is this generation so weak, so pampered and coddled that they can't have any inconvenience or distraction in order to find one hour or so out of their day to go fill out a ballot? If they can't figure out how to do this, then they don't deserve to vote.
It could take a lot more than an hour to vote in many places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.