No week 2 podcast? Ox in shambles? No, it's UP!

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Ox left me 8 voicemails begging me to guest on this weeks podcast. The delay was probably him waiting on pins and needles by the phone waiting to hear back from me.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Other than possibly red-lining your sarcasm meter, it was entertaining. I loved your line about rooting for the Nulls and Tinerc to lose almost as hard as rooting for the Gators to win.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The constantly updating thread titles around here crack me up :lol:

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I love how Ox will say something along the lines of, “nobody can take that away from him”, and then he proceeds to make the argument to take it away from him :lol2:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I love how Ox will say something along the lines of, “nobody can take that away from him”, and then he proceeds to make the argument to take it away from him :lol2:
Because my comment that "nobody can take that away from him" was sarcasm. Frankly :heehee:, statistics against FCS teams should not even count.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Oh I know, I just thought it quite funny :highfive:
Several years ago I played college fantasy football, and any stats compiled against FCS competition only counted as .75. In other words, if you rushed for 100 yards, the system only counted it as 75. Maybe that's a solution. :lol:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Good Lord.

It will be posted tonight. These were coming on Mondays or Tuesdays, just like I said. I may skip over bye weeks and patsy weeks.

No, I'll be doing a postgame for most of the games this year.....unless we completely tank it and I get pissed.

Just like someone quitting the Pick'em because they are stoopid (not me, a friend) gets you permaban, not doing your podcast should get you permabanned.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just like someone quitting the Pick'em because they are stoopid (not me, a friend) gets you permaban, not doing your podcast should get you permabanned.

Is it acceptable excuse if ox comes down with a bad csae of Lexingtongue (cat's got your tongue)?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Do you REALLY want to listen to me going on and on complaining about the Gators? I don't want to hear it myself.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Kentucky plays us just like UTM. Show run stop then drop 8 and let Franks try (or not try) to throw into coverage or more likely throw behind the line of scrimmage. Say what you will about Franks but he is looking downfield first now. He just doesn't (probably wisely) have the confidence to throw it unless the receiver is wide open.
If you live by "take what the defense gives you" then the defense is dictating your offense. That's no way to win championships.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Aaron, you've got a real knack for these things. I really enjoy every podcast you put up. My recommendation, keep it up and grow the following. I would bet in the near future you could get some sponsorships or get some companies willing to pay you for plugs during the cast and start making some real money. Again, these are great and we all appreciate the time and effort you put into them!

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Brother you are cynical…BUT I like it

I must agree FCS has no place in D-1 Scheduling

I’d like to see fewer Bowl Games but more Cross-Conference Neutral Site Games. Big Money Makers.

As for the Gators…

Franks still has a slow release

The OL does not open holes even against FCS teams

You might be right about ugly games in our future…UGA, LSU, Auburn have me scared.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not only is FCS scheduling BS, but IMO if you really want to make CFB legit then the P5 conferences should be the only conferences in FBS. Furthermore, P5 schools should ONLY play P5 schools.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Not only is FCS scheduling BS, but IMO if you really want to make CFB legit then the P5 conferences should be the only conferences in FBS. Furthermore, P5 schools should ONLY play P5 schools.
While it would certainly be more entertaining for us fans, it would only be cost effective if it increased viewership a fair bit. Schools would need quite a bit more TV $ to make up for lost home games and increased travel costs. I also don’t like the idea of P5 only. Certain schools like Boise have brought a lot of excitement to CFB.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
While it would certainly be more entertaining for us fans, it would only be cost effective if it increased viewership a fair bit. Schools would need quite a bit more TV $ to make up for lost home games and increased travel costs. I also don’t like the idea of P5 only. Certain schools like Boise have brought a lot of excitement to CFB.
They make plenty of freaking money. And no matter how great Boise State plays, they will NEVER be invited to the CFB playoff. If you can't win the whole thing then you don't belong in the subdivision. Florida vs UTM or Alabama vs. the Little Sisters of the Poor is nothing but a giant waste of time and is quite frankly embarrassing.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

I'd like a P6 and All games P6

Maybe 70 to 80 Teams Max

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Found the podcast. Thanks for doing these, Ox.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator