No WS thread?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Was not able to watch any last night. How was it?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The slowest activity called the national (nap) past time was played on network TV.
The next time anyone hears a complaint about baseball being too boring or that (gasp!) even the World Series has lost its luster, here's what to do:

Sit the complainers down in front of the nearest screen and put on Game 2 of the 2017 World Series. Then sit back and watch them change their minds in real time.

Although the game was just played Wednesday night—and deep into the night, at that—there's no need to wait for retrospect to conclude that the Houston Astros and Los Angeles Dodgers made it one of the greatest World Series games ever.

The fact that the Astros collected a series-tying win by a 7-6 final in 11 innings says enough. To say more, one could posit that getting to that endpoint was a true roller-coaster ride.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No one cares about baseball anymore.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Just watched the full game highlights in 9 minutes. Awesome sports moments, but not worth staying up that late for

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I give LA a slight edge. They have in my opinion a deeper rotation. Houston has a great lineup, but they're a streaky hitting bunch. The dodgers starter last night gave Altuve, arguably the best hitter in the game fits. Striking him out twice on only six pitches. LA will likely counter with Darvish in game 3 while Houston will trot out either Mccullers or Charlie Morton. This should be a dodger win, but regardless this one could easily go to 7 games. This looks like it could be one of the best fall classics we've had in many years.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cubs are out so i won't watch 1 second of it...but i hope Houston beats the **** out of LA

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I fell asleep right after the Dodgers' home run in the 6th and woke back up when Puig hit the home run in the 10th. Stayed up for the rest of it. Wish I had been able to stay awake the whole time, that game was nuts!

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
As a life-long Giants fan I will root against the Dodgers no matter who they're playing. That said, Game 2 was a great one. Certainly the Astros winning the Series would make for a great story in light of the trials Houston has endured. Think the Dodgers are the more complete team but I wonder if the bullpen failure last night produces a small sliver of doubt going forward.

And I believe the baseball is now juiced as opposed to the players.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
While the game had its moments, I only started watching in the 8th, it’s absolutely painful to get to those moments.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Series tied 1-1 now after last night. Too boring to watch...

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
My CO is a huge Astros fan (grew up just outside Houston). One win away, so he’s losing his mind right now. I’m pulling for a Stros win so the boss is in a good mood for the next 6 months.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Juiced balls or not, this has easily been one of the best World Series of my lifetime. Right up there with '91, '01, '11, and last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb