Gator Basketball Noles wax Gators for 7th straight time, longest streak in series history

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Mann needs to learn how to pass to the player waiting on the wing to shoot a 3. He just tries to get it laziliy in their vicinity. It needs to be crisp and hit them right in the hands where they are standing so they can take it up immediately.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
If you think I'm acting like a tough guy, you're mistaken. I haven't trivialized it at all, I'm just not in the camp that the game should be canceled. Sorry if that makes anyone triggered or upset.

You're saying that your comment about keyontae's "blood sugar" being low is not trivializing? Interesting.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
If you think I'm acting like a tough guy, you're mistaken. I haven't trivialized it at all, I'm just not in the camp that the game should be canceled. Sorry if that makes anyone triggered or upset.

Nice try at a backstroke, but I’m not buying it. You suggested it was “low blood sugar”, or compared to a “broken leg”, but we don’t know if it is a life-threatening or career-ending heart or vascular condition.

You provided a textbook example of “trivializing”.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Some have said the game should've been canceled, but far more are acknowledging that KT's collapse, unlike a sprained ankle, was an emotional kick in the junk to the team. But feel free to ignore details you don't like.

I'm sick of White's underachieving despite improved recruiting (clear sign of poor coaching), but cherry picking the facts doesn't change what's happening in this situation.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nice try at a backstroke, but I’m not buying it. You suggested it was “low blood sugar”, or compared to a “broken leg”, but we don’t know if it is a life-threatening or career-ending heart or vascular condition.

You provided a textbook example of “trivializing”.
Cool. I’ll remember this the next time a kid gets knocked the fuchs out and is carted off the field on a stretcher and you all are calling for the game to be canceled. Kids have collapsed on the sideline of other games and certainly don’t remember this type of reaction.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
We were going to blow them out before Keyontae collapsed. We are better them
I hope you're right, because it could be a sign that mikey is turning things around. But until he actually beats the clowns, my expectations remain low while he's our coach.

P.S. I miss Billy.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
We've had "potential" a lot every year because he can recruit and on paper we have solid players.
Then they get "coached up in MW system" and all season we talk about the potential...
Well we were 3-0 going into this game and leading when tragedy struck. Also I think some of you guys missed the stat that FSU have won 95% of their home games since 2016 against teams like, you know, Duke, UNC, Indiana, Virginia, Syracuse, and yes, Florida.

no1g8r

Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Cool. I’ll remember this the next time a kid gets knocked the fuchs out and is carted off the field on a stretcher and you all are calling for the game to be canceled. Kids have collapsed on the sideline of other games and certainly don’t remember this type of reaction.

I’ve clearly said that I do not believe the game should have been canceled as a result of KJ going down. My only objection is to you trivializing what may be a tragic situation.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

But you are not a fan of this team so it’s an easy “play on” for you. It may be a little more difficult for fans and especially the players. Hamilton understood completely and graciously made the offer. White discussed with the team and decided to go play.

I’m not a millennial. What qualifies as “triggered”? Are they any more triggered responding to you than you are to them? “Triggered” and “safe space” are the consistent “go to” of modern youth.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Proud of our boys. They didn’t quit and played through adversity. I think we would have won this game but we will never know. The score will stand.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But you are not a fan of this team so it’s an easy “play on” for you. It may be a little more difficult for fans and especially the players. Hamilton understood completely and graciously made the offer. White discussed with the team and decided to go play.

I’m not a millennial. What qualifies as “triggered”? Are they any more triggered responding to you than you are to them? “Triggered” and “safe space” are the consistent “go to” of modern youth.
I'm not a millennial either. I'm proud of White for actually playing on. Clearly he felt like the situation was under control. I made my stance known that we didn't need to freak out and cancel this game unlike others. I even a speculation he had low blood sugar. It happens to people all the time. I hope everyone can still enjoy the LSU game later today.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Team battled through a lot of adversity today and had their chances to cut the lead at the end and make it interesting, but a few poor decisions and mistakes kept us from making the final push.

Had KJ played, we run the clowns out of their circus floor.

The fact they have a banner in their arena lauding a canceled tournament and #4 ranking is UCF-level bush-league. They don't have any actual success to point to as a program, so have to celebrate a top 5 ranking like it means anything.

no1g8r

Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Gators had KJ, a 19 ppg starter go down early, and only had guys combining for 5 ppg behind him. Margin of victory not unsurprising, and I was proud of the team for continuing to battle throughout the game. Even without KJ the team could have won with a bit better execution, but I’m going to hold off on criticism given the difficult circumstances of the game.

It’s a long season. The opportunities to criticize will be more than ample as the season progresses.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I'm not a millennial either. I'm proud of White for actually playing on. Clearly he felt like the situation was under control. I made my stance known that we didn't need to freak out and cancel this game unlike others. I even a speculation he had low blood sugar. It happens to people all the time. I hope everyone can still enjoy the LSU game later today.

Im glad they played and I think Whites consultation with his team was the right approach. But I don’t think there was any overreaction by anyone. Hell, even the opposing coach saw the seriousness of the situation and offered to shut it down. Any of our fans who thought the game should have stopped thought so because of their genuine concern for KJ and how emotionally his teammates reacted. Nobody reacted with concerns over a win or loss. I’m equally proud of those fans for expressing genuine concern. Weakness can be measured in many ways....concern for others is not one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator