Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Other than the HUGE buyout, this makes no sense. It's exactly what Foley did - avoiding the inevitable:

South Carolina: AD Ray Tanner stated emphatically during this week that Will Muschamp is coming back. He reiterated that after yesterday’s 38-3 loss vs Clemson (which dropped the Gamecocks to 4-8 on the season). Muschamp is coming back. At FootballScoop we hear some movement, particularly on the offensive side of the ball, is expected. Stay tuned….
I'm just not sure Ray Tanner is coming back.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
“Promise to look into” it? I can see that future conversation: “Hey coach, yeah, we looked into building that facility like we promised and, uh, it’s not gonna happen. Sorry about that.”

The contract has a clause that says he can 'walk' if they don't build the facility.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He won’t walk away. Where’s he going to go?

Yep. Also, some of these 'stand alone' facilities are ridiculous. I'm sure they could build something for half of what most schools are building and it would still be nice and very usable. Rutgers has the B10 money though, it seems they're being a little Foley-esque (cheap). On the other hand, they just paid a ton of money for a ceiling of 6 to 8 wins a year.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Yep. Also, some of these 'stand alone' facilities are ridiculous. I'm sure they could build something for half of what most schools are building and it would still be nice and very usable. Rutgers has the B10 money though, it seems they're being a little Foley-esque (cheap). On the other hand, they just paid a ton of money for a ceiling of 6 to 8 wins a year.
It’s Jersey; there’s no telling where that Big 10 money is going.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Brett_McMurphy: Rutgers officially announces hiring of Greg Schiano

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
“Promise to look into” it? I can see that future conversation: “Hey coach, yeah, we looked into building that facility like we promised and, uh, it’s not gonna happen. Sorry about that.”
He’s got some major political backers. Basically threatened to fire the AD and maybe President if he wasn’t hired. High powered boosters said the same. Wouldn’t surprise me if the AD walked or is fired soon. Schiano has all the power. He’ll get his building.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
He’s got some major political backers. Basically threatened to fire the AD and maybe President if he wasn’t hired. High powered boosters said the same. Wouldn’t surprise me if the AD walked or is fired soon. Schiano has all the power. He’ll get his building.
I had no idea Rutgers had high powered boosters. Have they been in hiding or something ?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
By any measure Chump is one of the worst coaches in the SEC and I for one hope he never leaves South Carolina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator