Non-SEC Coaching Carousel

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wow - wonder where he’s headed or if it’s game over for him?

I'm guessing it's game over for him. He stayed in Boise for a long time due to his youngest son being sick (has since fully recovered). The only job I could see him taking is USC (which he wanted when they hired Sarkisian). He's only 55 years old, so he's still got some years in him...but he's probably made $30+ million in his career and may want to move on. He only coached at Washington for six seasons. I bet they are disappointed he's leaving, although he did have a disappointing season going 7-5.

Here's his statement:

Washington head coach Chris Petersen steps down after 6 seasons

"It has been a privilege and a professional dream fulfilled to be part of this world-class institution," Petersen said. "I will forever be grateful, honored and humbled to have had the opportunity to coach our fine young men on Montlake for these past six seasons. I thank each of them, as well as our coaches and administrative staff for the incredible commitment they've made to Husky football during my tenure.

“The football program and Husky Athletics across the board will continue to prosper – and do it the right way – with Jen Cohen's leadership and the University administration's commitment to excellence. I'll be a Husky for life, but now is the right time for me to step away from my head coaching duties, and recharge."

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Man, talk about getting off cheap. This is why the P12 is the weakling of P5 conferences (they have the worst head coaches and the lowest pay):

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Dude was so bad he couldn't replace Butters?

Between Csu's plummet, CMU's rise, and the discovery of Kyle Trask that he was obviously grooming and just waiting to unveil, McElwain better milk this moment for everything it's worth. Sexton couldn't ask for a better set of circumstances(fictitious or not) to parlay this.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Between Csu's plummet, CMU's rise, and the discovery of Kyle Trask that he was obviously grooming and just waiting to unveil, McElwain better milk this moment for everything it's worth. Sexton couldn't ask for a better set of circumstances(fictitious or not) to parlay this.

a scary of truth to this statement.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BarrettSallee: Source tells me that Liberty is prepared to offer Hugh Freeze an extension that will make him one of the highest-paid coaches in the Group of Five. Freeze led the Flames to a 7-5 record in his first season with the program.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ole Miss? I know Miss. St was looking at him before they decided to keep their dead weight.

Lots of names in the Ole Miss search; Fedora, Kiffin, Norvell, Anderson, Fritz.

Football scoop is reporting that Kiffin was the top Arkansas candidate, but now looks like he may be more interested in Ole Miss (if that's the case, the Norvell to FSU speculation is probably right).

Also:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
The South Carolina boards are discussing Bobo as the top OC candidate. Not sure why any OC would want to go to that sinking ship (Roper at least got a 3-year deal when he came to UF).
Good God.

If that’s true, might as well put his house on the market.

Bobo is one or the reasons the UGay folks finally canned Richt, he was attached at the hip to Bobo, who was a terrible OC.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We need to hire the Colorado State AD as a consultant on how to write/negotiate contracts. He gets over on UF (in the Butters hire) and now gets over on Bobo in his firing:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We need to hire the Colorado State AD as a consultant on how to write/negotiate contracts. He gets over on UF (in the Butters hire) and now gets over on Bobo in his firing:

Fooley / Strickland would have extended him and handing him a raise to 4.5 mil and another year extension (and higher buyout), fired him weeks later then would have negotiated the buy out upward after having solid grounds for a For Cause firing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator