Non-SEC Coaching Carousel

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
New Washington head coach Jimmy Lake fired his OC, Bush Hamdan - who was the WR's coach at UF in 2012, just a day after Washington rolled Boise State 38-7.
I’m guessing during a coordinators meeting Lake at some point said “if I’m ever HC, you’re toast”. Hamdan probably never thought it would come true.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ive never even heard that name. now that I think about it I'm not sure but I knew we had a wide receiver coach under Chump, nor can I think of a reason why we should have had one.

Didn't we have a new one every season he was here, including Chris Leak?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ive never even heard that name. now that I think about it I'm not sure but I knew we had a wide receiver coach under Chump, nor can I think of a reason why we should have had one.

BiodegradableExemplaryHuman-size_restricted.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't we have a new one every season he was here, including Chris Leak?
Maybe, but when I hear a name, like say Zach Azzinni, I usually think "wasn't he our wide receiver coach for 1 year"?

I don't remember that dude's name at all.

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
It is the SEC, but this thread will have to do. Morehead's seat is going to be very warm-- his State team is stinking up the field. Ole Miss is probably glad that they lost the Egg Bowl since (with the locker room fight between the LB and the QB) it appears that he has lost the team and State is facing a lost year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It is the SEC, but this thread will have to do. Morehead's seat is going to be very warm-- his State team is stinking up the field. Ole Miss is probably glad that they lost the Egg Bowl since (with the locker room fight between the LB and the QB) it appears that he has lost the team and State is facing a lost year.
Kind of bizarre. Everyone should know very well that it takes a while to recover from a Mullinz type roster .

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Brett_McMurphy: Oklahoma State OC Sean Gleeson agrees to 3-year deal to be Rutgers’ new OC, sources told @Stadium

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Some interesting coaching moves here:

Colorado State:
Florida quality control analyst Chuck Heater is expected to join the Colorado State staff as defensive coordinator. Heater previously worked with Steve Addazio at Temple and Florida and was CSU’s defensive coordinator from 1991-92.

UK had a really good DL the last few years:

Arkansas: Kentucky defensive line coach Derrick LeBlanc will join the Arkansas staff, according to Kentucky Sports Radio and multiple reports.

Former Gator:

Penn State: Former Boston College offensive line coach Phil Trautwein has joined the Penn State staff in the same role.

Appalachian State: Head coach Shawn Clark’s contract is a five-year deal worth $750,000 in the first year and $850,000 in the final year, according to his contract obtained by The Athletic. His assistant salary pool is $1.55 million. The buyout both ways is $5 million until January 1, 2021 and drops annually. If fired without cause, there is a duty to offset from another job. Previous coach Eli Drinkwitz earned $750,000 with $1.14 million paid to assistants.

USF: Georgia quality control assistant Jules Montinar has been named cornerbacks coach at USF.

Gus Malzahn's protege:

Miami (Fla.): SMU offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee has been named offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach at Miami.

Florida State: Tennessee running backs coach David Johnson is expected to join the FSU staff. North Alabama wide receivers coach Austin Tucker has joined the Florida State staff as an offensive analyst. Savannah State offensive line coach Manrey Saint-Amour will join the FSU staff as an offensive graduate assistant. Mike Norvell has added Memphis director of high school relations Carlos Locklyn in the same role and Memphis director of operations Jeff Kupper as director of player development and operations.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Don’t know how they are as coaches but some of those names should be able to recruit.

It's a solid coaching staff for USF and a first time head coach. Charlie Weiss Jr just blows my mind (his rise through the coaching ranks).

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
It's a solid coaching staff for USF and a first time head coach. Charlie Weiss Jr just blows my mind (his rise through the coaching ranks).
Bowers and White will be interesting to watch. I’m sure we won’t be the only the ones watching that staff.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Oregon: Former Mississippi State head coach Joe Moorhead is expected to be Oregon’s new offensive coordinator

Washington State: Hawaii head coach Nick Rolovich has officially been named head coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.