Noose Tightening on Chuggers' Sgt. Carter? (Butch Jones)

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...ual-assault-title-nine-9-ix-lawsuit-ut-053116

Not a whole lot new here, though I was unaware of some of the details. In the wake of the Baylor scandal, and with national sites like FoxSports commenting and in a none-too-positive way, you have to wonder how razor thin the ice is under Sgt. Carter these days. At least Briles made a winner out of a college hinterland. Sgt. Carter has wildly underperformed at a former power. OK - long ago former power. OK - "former power" by Chuggerland delusional standards. (Though wins and losses should not matter when it comes to disgusting issues like this)

I wonder what it would take for him to either lose, or solidify his hold on the job. And yes, I hope he manages to stay there for a long time, unless it turns out he protected rapists, in which case I hope they turn around and rape him.

Discuss.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have a hard time believing that he'll be coaching there next season. There's a lot of pressure for him to win this season; so the high expectations that he won't meet plus all of these allegations will send him packing. I really think it's a matter of when, not if, especially since Briles was let go.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Appears to me that UT is all in on this one. They've done nothing but defend their position. Time will if that proves to be a wise move or not.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If the university continues down this path a lot of coaches and administrators are going to be losing their jobs. They better be right, or they are going to be seeing the inside of a court room for a long time.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing to see hear - moving along. :whistle:
oh-boy-o.gif

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Title IX suit goes back before Butch. He has plenty of problems on his watch, but TN's issues run deeper and longer than his tenure. If he is booted after this season, it won't be the end of the purge.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
BJ : "I'm proud of the culture we've built." ... yeah, a petrie dish of perversion.
Of course we all know full well UT has a checkered past & present at trying to score on "end zones".
For years, even on TV us Gators have witnessed UT's assaults on the fairer sex ... their cheerleaders.
And by Jones' statement ... the assault that counts here is on his character.:loser:
Suit yourself Jonesie ! you entitled nein.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Appears to me that UT is all in on this one. They've done nothing but defend their position. Time will if that proves to be a wise move or not.
This... Everything I have read (frequent up here) says he immediately suspended players when allegations came up and the only thing he may have done wrong is call one ex player a traitor for reporting a sexual assault. Even if he did that, it is BJ's word against said ex player since he supposedly did it on the phone to the guy... Nothing really to stick to him, and believe me the chuggers love the direction he is taking their program.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This... Everything I have read (frequent up here) says he immediately suspended players when allegations came up and the only thing he may have done wrong is call one ex player a traitor for reporting a sexual assault. Even if he did that, it is BJ's word against said ex player since he supposedly did it on the phone to the guy... Nothing really to stick to him, and believe me the chuggers love the direction he is taking their program.

Agree. They love the guy up there....now if he loses to UF in September that may change. However, if he gets by Va Tech and UF they could have a really good year (at least winning the East). Hopefully we come ready to play in September...and I'm glad we have 3 games to get our new QB ready for this one. I would be very leery to be a visiting fan to that stadium, win or lose. They will go ape-sh*t either way....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Dang, we've got a Butch nutswinger among us! :nutswinger:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Inbreds losing to Appy State on Sep 1 is a very real possibility.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
He said he didn't do it. We should take his word for it. I believe him.... and I believe Jameis, Jumbo Fisher and Bobby Bowden, and Hugh Frieze, and Art Briles and ....

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Melt Down on Rocky Flop will be epic and fun to watch. They'll lose more than just games on the field.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
The most impressive thing the Vols have done in the last 10 years or so is getting the fans to checkerboard the stadium. I was definitely impressed. The problem has been their Checkers game has been faulty or should I say Chess game. Naw, Butch isn't smart enough to play chess. He hasn't learned how the pieces move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.