Not Much Looking Ahead Again This Year...

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Kev, you underestimate the effect that Muschamp had on the Gator program. It's like sending your kids to a a prep academy due to its prestige and come to find out the school was not only not accredited but was using the kids as drug smugglers and slave labor. It takes time to recover from that. Muschamp's only ability was to take a young player and squeeze every ounce of hope and talent out of their soul. (For the record, many here admired Muschamp's frothing death stare).
All this is in the psyche of the players, that's why Treon could not be rehabilitated. I think not only Mac's personality but his ability to allow and help the players to develop is just what this program needs. I really believe once he changes the culture and the team buys in, we will see critical mass in talent.
What's funny is your blaming Muschamp and Mac came in and won 10 games with his guys and now it's ok if he only wins 9 games. I thought when the new coach gets his own guys your supposed to win more. It don't make sense to blame Muschamp when he came in and won 10. I could understand if he came in and won 6 and you blame Muschamp but he came in and won the east and now it's ok if he only wins 9 games because he has to rebuild. Are you now saying that we had the players but we don't now?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
gatorkev85, we literally had no offense after the LSU game and won some real nail biters. Having 9 wins with more offense is making progess on that side anyway.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
gatorkev85, we literally had no offense after the LSU game and won some real nail biters. Having 9 wins with more offense is making progess on that side anyway.
And yet nothing has changed. New Qb still no points on the board. At some point the finger has to be pointed at the coaches. But I'm willing to let this week go because of suspensions and weather but If we play the same against UK then you can wrap it up and put a bow on this year.

My question then becomes do you just play Franks to give him the experience for next year or ride it out no matter what with Luke.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
And yet nothing has changed. New Qb still no points on the board. At some point the finger has to be pointed at the coaches. But I'm willing to let this week go because of suspensions and weather but If we play the same against UK then you and wrap it up and put a bow on this year.

My question then becomes do you just play Franks to give him the experience for next year or ride it out no matter what with Luke.

We are in big trouble if we ever had to play Franks this year. I know he is young but even with things gift wrapped for the offense in the Spring game he looked lost out there. I think Mac will stick with LDR unless it goes pretty bad and then he would just put Appleby in there. When we finally get a blowout hopefully I think Trask would be given the playing time not Franks.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There are components to the best recruiting package.
#1) is kicking butt on the field (especially UGa & FSU)
#2) is explosive sideline jubilation at the way we "roar" downfield (explosive O & D plays)
#3) is national/SEC announcers "bragging" about Gator-style football
#4) Mac already displays in his rational sideline "lessons" to individual players
#5) gather recruits who in person recruit with high faith in their Gators.
#6) what else gang?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There are components to the best recruiting package.
#1) is kicking butt on the field (especially UGa & FSU)
#2) is explosive sideline jubilation at the way we "roar" downfield (explosive O & D plays)
#3) is national/SEC announcers "bragging" about Gator-style football
#4) Mac already displays in his rational sideline "lessons" to individual players
#5) gather recruits who in person recruit with high faith in their Gators.
#6) what else gang?

A halftime motivational speech by Jameis? :lol2: I can't believe they filmed that mess.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can someone translate that?

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
And yet nothing has changed. New Qb still no points on the board. At some point the finger has to be pointed at the coaches. But I'm willing to let this week go because of suspensions and weather but If we play the same against UK then you can wrap it up and put a bow on this year.

We've played one game this season dude. One. That's one as in a single game.

Christ.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
Name me 5 players out of the 30+ 3* players hes brought in that have shown the ability to play against anyone in the country

Antonio Callaway, Lamical Perine, Jabari Zuniga, Jawaan Taylor, Tyler Jordan.

See how easy that was after waiting after the guy's first game of his second season?

Sorry for the bump, this was just the post that stuck out the most to me lurking last week.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

See how easy that was after waiting after the guy's first game of his second season?

Sorry for the bump, this was just the post that stuck out the most to me lurking last week.

Perine not too bad for a true freshman but our RBs need to step it up a little against this level of competition.

Jordan has been a nice surprise. You never see him blowing assignments etc. He appears to have got his strength level up some compared to last season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Antonio Callaway
MOTHEREFFER Antonio Callaway was not a three star recruit. He was always one of the top WRs in the state and always our top pick. You sound stupid saying this.

Neither was Lamical Perrine.

You fvkktards like to count them as 4star when you claim Mac is doing well recruiting or doing better then count them as two stars because some joke rating like espn didnt rate them at all.

Cant have it both ways.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MOTHEREFFER Antonio Callaway was not a three star recruit. He was always one of the top WRs in the state and always our top pick. You sound stupid saying this.

You fvkktards like to count them as 4star when you claim Mac is doing well recruiting or doing better then count them as two stars because some joke rating like espn didnt rate them at all.

Cant have it both ways.

Pot meet kettle

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Callaway I would call a straight up 4 star but I think Rivals waited until Saban offered to upgrade Perine even though we offered him way before that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Callaway I would call a straight up 4 star but I think Rivals waited until Saban offered to upgrade Perine even though we offered him way before that.
Callaway wasn't a consensus 4 star. He was one of our top targets at wr but not the top target.

Last edited:

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014

Cant have it both ways.

http://247sports.com/Player/Antonio-Callaway-49719?Institution=9093

Don't shoot the messenger, mothereffer

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. We only accept 247 recruiting info. Their rating system is no good here.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015

Amazing how just 2 weeks in against soft teams you can determine that some of those Fr could compete with anyone in the country. But I'll give you credit for making the attempt. Come see me when we're half through the season.

I also like how you waited a whole week and didn't take it further and name me more than 5. Not taking anything way from each player but I'd like more of a sample before saying they can compete with anyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb