Not Much Looking Ahead Again This Year...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Callaway wasn't a consensus 4 star. He was one of our top targets at wr but not the top target.
Callaway, Scarlett, and Francois were our top targets as soon as Mac arrived. I dont care much who Chump targeted.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
Amazing how just 2 weeks in against soft teams you can determine that some of those Fr could compete with anyone in the country. But I'll give you credit for making the attempt. Come see me when we're half through the season.

I also like how you waited a whole week and didn't take it further and name me more than 5. Not taking anything way from each player but I'd like more of a sample before saying they can compete with anyone

Amazing how you can ask a question about 15 or so fresh after a WEEK and then your question gets answered after two and it's all of a sudden downplayed. Be consistent.

I gave you two frosh that were three stars that if they committed tomorrow very few would be excited about them, but Saturday we had every reason to be. Just how it is. You asked for them I gave them to you.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I gave you two frosh that were three stars that if they committed tomorrow very few would be excited about them, but Saturday we had every reason to be.

There was a decent amount of excitement about big Jawaan Taylor and Stone. But they are linemen and too many dont understand how important they are. They think the QB and RB make the line look good when the truth is exactly the opposite.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I gave you two frosh that were three stars that if they committed tomorrow very few would be excited about them, but Saturday we had every reason to be.

There was a decent amount of excitement about big Jawaan Taylor and Stone. But they are linemen and too many dont understand how important they are. They think the QB and RB make the line look good when the truth is exactly the opposite.

That's the truth, when the offensive line is playing well, the skill players can shine. When the offensive line plays like last year or UMASS then Tom Brady looks like Ryan Leaf.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014

Absolutely. Another 3 star lineman I think might have a big game Saturday is Desir-Jones. I think he'll get a ton of reps with Jordan being dinged up. Nice to actually have a little depth with the big fellas.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Callaway, Scarlett, and Francois were our top targets as soon as Mac arrived. I dont care much who Chump targeted.
Van Jefferson was our top receiver target.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Amazing how you can ask a question about 15 or so fresh after a WEEK and then your question gets answered after two and it's all of a sudden downplayed. Be consistent.

I gave you two frosh that were three stars that if they committed tomorrow very few would be excited about them, but Saturday we had every reason to be. Just how it is. You asked for them I gave them to you.
I'm being consisten . I said I'm gonna say those Fr players can compete with anyone in the country right now. I made the point that I'd like to see them play up to participate against a full schedule before saying they are legit. Let's see how they perform against the meat of the schedule before saying they are legit stars. I'm not taking anything away from those players they all played very well let's just wait and see

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm being consisten . I said I'm gonna say those Fr players can compete with anyone in the country right now. I made the point that I'd like to see them play up to participate against a full schedule before saying they are legit. Let's see how they perform against the meat of the schedule before saying they are legit stars. I'm not taking anything away from those players they all played very well let's just wait and see

Being able to compete and being a star are two different things. There were lots of guys who were just great competitors on our NC winning teams, but only a handful of true stars out of the group. We have guys who can compete, we need to find out if we have Stars.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Being able to compete and being a star are two different things. There were lots of guys who were just great competitors on our NC winning teams, but only a handful of true stars out of the group. We have guys who can compete, we need to find out if we have Stars.
If you go back to my original post that he replied to I said find me 5 players who could compete with anyone in the country. Again the players he named had very good showing but I want to see good showings against quality teams before saying they are stars

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you go back to my original post that he replied to I said find me 5 players who could compete with anyone in the country. Again the players he named had very good showing but I want to see good showings against quality teams before saying they are stars

And I'm responding to you in the change on the argument, to compete and be stars are two different things. To be able to compete against any, and to be a star are two different things. You are changing the nature of the argument by changing the terms. If you initially meant name 5 players who would be stars then it is a valid argument.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
And I'm responding to you in the change on the argument, to compete and be stars are two different things. To be able to compete against any, and to be a star are two different things. You are changing the nature of the argument by changing the terms. If you initially meant name 5 players who would be stars then it is a valid argument.
You can't really be considered a star unless you can compete against anyone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Van Jefferson was our top receiver target.
You're stoned. We were very loud about who we wanted most, though Jefferson probably had a committable offer also I'd guess. He was never even in play though. Didn't even take an OV.

I know you are just being an idiot on purpose.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You can't really be considered a star unless you can compete against anyone.

And you can compete against anyone and not be a star. The logic you are using isn't mutually exclusive. Apples are a fruit, orange are a fruit. That doesn't mean apples are oranges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.