Notre Dame sucks

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Fvkc ND BTW. The BigX or SEC need to make it painful for ND to remain independent. Like no at-large play-off spots.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
There is no way they do away with at-large playoff spots though. SEC has had multiple teams multiple times and will not want to end that possibility. Meanwhile, Big 10 has delusions of grandeur that they will do it one day so they won't do it. Plus I heard, I think it was on Late Kick with Josh Pate, that a major sticking point was automatic qualifiers when changes to the playoffs was recently discussed.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
There is no way they do away with at-large playoff spots though. SEC has had multiple teams multiple times and will not want to end that possibility. Meanwhile, Big 10 has delusions of grandeur that they will do it one day so they won't do it. Plus I heard, I think it was on Late Kick with Josh Pate, that a major sticking point was automatic qualifiers when changes to the playoffs was recently discussed.
Cool yer jets. Replace "at-large" with "independant".

In a few short years the SEC and Big* will be making their own rules and everybody else will have to follow.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Yes they do suck and they should be forced to join a real league. I remember a fan of theirs years ago at the Sugar Bowl insisting they would win the SEC every year if they belonged. In their fantasy alternative reality.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I've actually never understood why it matters whether they're in a conference or not.

I get that being a conference champion is an extra game vs what's usually a top 15-20 opponent; but it's not as if every BCS at-large selection made it to their conference championship & ND usually tries to schedule pretty tough opponents. They've got home & homes with Ohio State, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Wisconsin and us in the next ten years...to go along with their annual games vs USC & Stanford.

Yea, I also get the media always ranks them every year whether they were good or not; but they usually have a far tougher SoS than most teams from the ACC, Big12, and Pac10, for instance. The SEC almost always gets 2 bids for the playoffs because we've earned it. ND really doesn't affect that until they earn it and they haven't as of yet.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Notre Dame does suck. They are in my top 3 of hated teams/schools. IMO, it benefits ND more to not be in a conference. They get a lot of attention being independent compared to what they would get otherwise. In a conference they would be just another school/team. Doubt they would be winning many conference championships too...

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Number 2 on the list of things never said by southerners: "Can't wait for the Irish to whip the Tide real good this weekend."

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Number 2 on the list of things never said by southerners: "Can't wait for the Irish to whip the Tide real good this weekend."

I, personally, rooted for them to whip up on UGAy a few years back, but that's just me.

Fuch the dwags.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Was pulling for them when NorveLLLL iced his own kicker last year as well.

Oh yea...that too.

They've reliably beaten the nulls the last few times they've squared off; and while last year's game was closer than I'd like, a win's a win and we got to laugh at the clowns.

ND almost pulled off a win in Tally in '14 when the rapist was their QB. I'd challenge anyone to say they weren't rooting for the Irish in that game...

I'll be pulling for ND over Ohio State this Sept 3rd as well because OSU is FAR more annoying in my book. I can understand why others wouldn't...but I doubt anyone would really care if the suckeyes started the season with an "L."

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Oh yea...that too.

They've reliably beaten the nulls the last few times they've squared off; and while last year's game was closer than I'd like, a win's a win and we got to laugh at the clowns.

ND almost pulled off a win in Tally in '14 when the rapist was their QB. I'd challenge anyone to say they weren't rooting for the Irish in that game...

I'll be pulling for ND over Ohio State this Sept 3rd as well because OSU is FAR more annoying in my book. I can understand why others wouldn't...but I doubt anyone would really care if the suckeyes started the season with an "L."

I have them as my biggest bust team of 2022. Freeman could end up being great, especially over time. But I’d be shocked if it’s as early as some are presuming. Former DC, first time HC. Where have we seen this before? Felt like an emotional hire to me.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I have them as my biggest bust team of 2022. Freeman could end up being great, especially over time. But I’d be shocked if it’s as early as some are presuming. Former DC, first time HC. Where have we seen this before? Felt like an emotional hire to me.

I don't think they have the pieces to be in contention for a playoff bid this year in all honesty; but see them getting a 9 win season with what they do have--10 wouldn't be unheard of either if a few things break their way.

Freeman is a great DC, has been a great recruiter, and has the respect/loyalty of the team--so I can see why they went with him. We'll see if he's ready for the big-time though, as bowl games aren't exactly the best indicator of how he'll be in the regular season. Muschump could never figure out that defense alone doesn't necessarily win you championships even if it gets you pretty close. We'll see if Freeman knows this or if he'll be cut from the same conservative cloth.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
2022, 21, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 09, 08, 07, 06, 05, 04, 03, 02, 01, 00, 99, 98, 97, 96, 95, 94, 93, 92, 91, 90, 89

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Im witch ya.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ND vs pOSU.......another game that I wish that there would still be a tie in College Football. Wish they could both lose.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
aHR0cHM6Ly91bmQuY29tL3dwLWNvbnRlbnQvdXBsb2Fkcy8yMDA5LzExLzI1OTc2MzktNC5qcGVn.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb