Recruiting NSD 2020 Thread: Zach Evans goes to TCU

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
In many areas of life and work, one person who does really well and grinds hard at their job can influence an entire organization. I suspect Knox, Hev and English are somewhat set in their ways now. But, the contradiction of effort from Brewster could be an instrument of change for Robinson, Gonzo, Johnson and most importantly Mullen.

It becomes harder to put up with old coworkers ineptness when the new blood is shaming them with effort and results. At this point we need something to motivate change because the results to date apparently have not done enough to get rid of Knox or English.

These are good thoughts.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Isn't Evans the kid we backed off of after an in-home visit?
An actual WDWHA.
That was probably Knox when he realized he would actually have to put in work to land the kid. Now that Brewster is here he cock slapped Knox right across the left cheek and said watch how it’s done

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Have a close friend whose son is climbing the coaching ladder in college basketball. Now an assistant at his second mid-major in the central US after a successful head coaching stint at a D2 school. He is already viewed as a strong recruiter which is his primary responsibility on the new staff.

He recently told his Dad that the most surprising thing he has observed on the major college level is how lazy some assistants are when it comes to recruiting. He said it shocked him to see that some guys at big schools just don't work hard or put in the time in that area. I would assume that a job at a major D1 school (basketball or football) would require long hours and extreme effort but apparently it is not always so. This young man has some real people skills that help him out with parents and he's young enough to still relate to players but mainly he is a hard working grinder.

That would explain his success so far and allows me to draw some conclusions about things we have seen from the football coaching staff to this point.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
That was probably Knox when he realized he would actually have to put in work to land the kid. Now that Brewster is here he cock slapped Knox right across the left cheek and said watch how it’s done
I have read the mushroom stamp was so hard Knox still has the mark on him for tonight's work out.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So you're telling me there's a chance.... A 4% chance.
When Wiltfong decides...it shall be done.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Have a close friend whose son is climbing the coaching ladder in college basketball. Now an assistant at his second mid-major in the central US after a successful head coaching stint at a D2 school. He is already viewed as a strong recruiter which is his primary responsibility on the new staff.

He recently told his Dad that the most surprising thing he has observed on the major college level is how lazy some assistants are when it comes to recruiting. He said it shocked him to see that some guys at big schools just don't work hard or put in the time in that area. I would assume that a job at a major D1 school (basketball or football) would require long hours and extreme effort but apparently it is not always so. This young man has some real people skills that help him out with parents and he's young enough to still relate to players but mainly he is a hard working grinder.

That would explain his success so far and allows me to draw some conclusions about things we have seen from the football coaching staff to this point.

I would imagine CBB recruiting is much easier than CFB recruiting since they only sign 2 to 5 prospects each cycle. Although the staff is much smaller, they still need to put in an effort, but it's only w/ a handful of kids.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t he say we were getting Sam Brown and A. Williams? No offense but I’m not sure we’ll know until he’s on campus (or someone else’s campus)
Oh I don't know :lol:

That said, the guy that made the CB prediction appears to be having a pretty solid year for his picks.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah. Robinson was the Swiss Army knife recruiter before Brewster. He went after whoever was our top targets, not just linebackers. I know a certain someone likes to say he’s not good but it’s the farthest thing from the truth.
He is fvkking garbage.

He plays in a 3-4 with two inside LBs, a Rush and a star and he has landed one fvkking inside LB in the past three years. And six guys who have no position in this defense.

His LBs have played like shyt in BOTH run and pass coverage comsistently.

The only exception is Big Reese (#33 type) who knew how to play LB when Dwag Robinson arrived.

Nothing but garbage. At least he is cheap. Except, of course, he is really just an overpaid GA.

I know, I know, the same twitter fvkkheads who thought wILLLLLIE was the best coach ever bc "black" and "on twitter", now think this Dwag is bc "black" and "on twitter".

Luckily he is gone with Grantham soon enough.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Didn’t he say we were getting Sam Brown and A. Williams? No offense but I’m not sure we’ll know until he’s on campus (or someone else’s campus)
Troo dat. Let's hope in one hand and let donkey schytt in the other and see which one fills up first.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Are you sure it wasn't, "hold my beer?"

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So did 2bits

2Bits is the new Zach, minus the budding rap career and penchant for locating, identifying and addressing troubling situations throughout the community.

Honestly, he seems like a decent person and tries hard. But watching him make predictions is like watching Ray Charles play the game “Operation”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb