Recruiting NSD 2020 Thread: Zach Evans goes to TCU

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Shorter is official, just wondering if he counts against this year or next year

It'll probably go against this year since it looks like we're not going to be adding all of the HS kids we thought we were, which is fine as it leaves more room for the 21 class. Good pick up either way, I just hope we add Manuel or Britt - we need one more HS WR in the class (you know, for blocking purposes!/law)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
UGA (according to 247) has the best OL haul of the year. They just added a true Butters Special to the class, which I guess they can afford to do since they are stacked. Do they really need the depth? They lost 4 starters, but I think this makes the 7th OL (assuming they keep Van Pran):

He's projected as a Center (which is Van Pran's position also)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Xzavier Henderson signs......that's two WR's. Hopefully we get one more of the HS guys (Britt or Manuel)

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
Xzavier Henderson signs......that's two WR's. Hopefully we get one more of the HS guys (Britt or Manuel)
How far are Manuel and Britt from qualifying. It’s quite telling they both are looking at Ole Miss where if you drool on paper you get in

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
This is an interesting move on the kids part: if he goes to Colorado State, he very well could play/start....but if he goes to UGA, he follows in dad's footsteps, never plays and (either way) ends up as a grad assistant at any number of SEC schools (since he's under the Saban tree he could go to: Alabama, UT, UGA, USC, A&M, Arkansas) and by the time he's 25 years old he's a position coach somewhere, by the time he's 28 he's making $400K or more. I think I'd rather go to CSU, get a chance to play, go snowboarding all winter, get away from dad's shadow...then come back and go the GA to position coach to $400K+ salary route, all within 5 years of graduating...

Foley is probably already putting whispers in Stricklin’s ear that he’s head coach material in 20 years. Lol

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Recently, I allowed my big mouth to get the better of me in "combatting" what I felt to be an increasingly malignant bent on the part of some here, in regard to the overtly nasty or defeatist tone on the part of a few of our high-volume posters - who have come to almost totally dominate the tenor of the general discussion. I have engaged in some gutter language in an attempt to make light of the use of such language by others, and in doing so I only added to the problem. - For that I ado apologize. I understand that not everyone appreciates my "take" on things, and there are a few here with whom I have had some pretty sharp exchanges. If I have offended anyone I am truly sorry.

But this is after all fraternity of Gator grads and fans, and there are limits to what one Gator should say and do to another. While I'm not responsible for the conduct of others, I am accepting responsibility for my own. I have clearly let some of the more antagonistic, insulting comments that are becoming a matter of routine here drag me into a place I don't want to be. It was suggested to me recently that I might want to reconsider my participation in this community for a while, due to my lack of appreciation for the level of "candor" on the part of some of the "trend setters" who have all but taken over the site. As it turns out, that was probably some pretty good advice. I'll be taking a little break for a while in an attempt to regain my sang froid. Adieu mon amis.
Here's some advice - pay your $$ and become a lifetime member - then tell evryone what you really think of them. Once you become a lifetime member, you have diplomatic immunity.

FX Networks - Simpsons World

upload_2020-2-5_9-0-50.png

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
How far are Manuel and Britt from qualifying. It’s quite telling they both are looking at Ole Miss where if you drool on paper you get in

Honestly, I have no clue...and I don't think anyone else does either - and we won't know until they sign. According to all the "experts" they are both still takes, so if they sign elsewhere it's very likely academics. The staff needs to start identifying kids who can spell their name going forward instead of going after borderline retards.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Britt says he won't announce a decision until Feb 20th. Very likely an academic issue.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Recently, I allowed my big mouth to get the better of me in "combatting" what I felt to be an increasingly malignant bent on the part of some here, in regard to the overtly nasty or defeatist tone on the part of a few of our high-volume posters - who have come to almost totally dominate the tenor of the general discussion. I have engaged in some gutter language in an attempt to make light of the use of such language by others, and in doing so I only added to the problem. - For that I ado apologize. I understand that not everyone appreciates my "take" on things, and there are a few here with whom I have had some pretty sharp exchanges. If I have offended anyone I am truly sorry.

But this is after all fraternity of Gator grads and fans, and there are limits to what one Gator should say and do to another. While I'm not responsible for the conduct of others, I am accepting responsibility for my own. I have clearly let some of the more antagonistic, insulting comments that are becoming a matter of routine here drag me into a place I don't want to be. It was suggested to me recently that I might want to reconsider my participation in this community for a while, due to my lack of appreciation for the level of "candor" on the part of some of the "trend setters" who have all but taken over the site. As it turns out, that was probably some pretty good advice. I'll be taking a little break for a while in an attempt to regain my sang froid. Adieu mon amis.

I get it... it gets old. It used to annoy the heck out of me. Over the years I’ve become numb to it and ignore 99% of it. Rather than leave you could always just use the ignore function. Of course there are two problems with that. (1) you’d only see about 20% of the posts because... well you know. And (2) The ‘Donk took a self imposed “break” to regain some balance... and look how that turned out for him.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Britt says he won't announce a decision until Feb 20th. Very likely an academic issue.

What's with this staff and recruiting WRs with academic issues? We almost lost 2 WR recruits from the last class. We did lose Henderson and Marks barely squeaked in.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I get it... it gets old. It used to annoy the heck out of me. Over the years I’ve become numb to it and ignore 99% of it. Rather than leave you could always just use the ignore function. Of course there are two problems with that. (1) you’d only see about 20% of the posts because... well you know. And (2) The ‘Donk took a self imposed “break” to regain some balance... and look how that turned out for him.
I'll still be around. But I need to be more selective about what I do and do not respond to. I really enjoy the board over all, I'm just fed up with the whining, nastiness and occasional truly vile crap like the comment directed at AFC. I'm not even a Roman Catholic and I found that crack to be beyond the pale of basic human decency.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
What's with this staff and recruiting WRs with academic issues? We almost lost 2 WR recruits from the last class. We did lose Henderson and Marks barely squeaked in.

Yeah, I like that we’re making in roads with schools again. I’m just not sure I in agree with all the ones they’re targeting.

BlueFreeDorking-small.gif

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

Not for the large majority of the last year, but I suppose it was "expected" in the last couple days/week or so. Hard to tell if he will pan out, but we wanted him, had a substantial lead with him, and lost out to Tennessee. Maybe the coaching change was pretty impactful.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Yeah, I like that we’re making in roads with schools again. I’m just not sure I in agree with all the ones they’re targeting.

BlueFreeDorking-small.gif

Maybe a word choice or two are wrong, but there is hope for those kids, because that is adept use of a conjunction and differentiation of "to' and "too". Many on this board could learn from that last one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.