Recruiting NSD 2020 Thread: Zach Evans goes to TCU

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You’re right. The top RB in the entire class, who picked the f’ing dwags, with their loaded RB roster did so because he is afraid of competition. At least if Evans picks Ole Miss we have a good excuse that he was afraid of our depth.

Maybe if it leaks right beforehand, like Britt, we can have recruiting reporter tweet “as expected” Evans picks somewhere else. With Evans, who the hell knows, bit Britt was committed months before we now all take this approach of “well, he was never ours.”
:lmao2:

DAAAAAAYUMN

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
12 catches and zero TDs, followed by one cheeseburger short of 250 means he showed something? He has the same number of TDs as Rick Wells.

Look, I hope Shorter performs, and realistically it doesn't really matter much either way. Hell, a "good" receiver for us is 500-600 yards. So in the long run he doesn't matter much either way, but saying 12 catches means he had arrived is kinda silly.
He supposedly was at least showing out in practices. I thought all the AC hype was based on “this is finally the year!” articles from Zach A. Could be wrong, dont really care. I’ll take my chances with the Shroters of the world over no one or Butter’s specials - which is where Billy G seemed to be headed until he got Shorter.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Showing what out?
I dunno, this was the quote from several articles I saw:

Though an injury limited him to four games in 2018, Shorter thrived during pre-bowl practices, prompting former quarterback Trace McSorley to call him one of the team’s most improved players.

“Justin Shorter had, in my mind, the best month I’ve seen out of any of those kids,” McSorley said in January after the Citrus Bowl. “I mean, he grew by leaps and bounds.”

That injury was a dislocated kneecap. Couldnt play in the bowl because he already had 4 games. Other articles made it sound like he fell out with the coaches this season. So who knows. Could just be fluff but McSorley really had no reason to single him out.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
You’re right. The top RB in the entire class, who picked the f’ing dwags, with their loaded RB roster did so because he is afraid of competition. At least if Evans picks Ole Miss we have a good excuse that he was afraid of our depth.

Maybe if it leaks right beforehand, like Britt, we can have recruiting reporter tweet “as expected” Evans picks somewhere else. With Evans, who the hell knows, bit Britt was committed months before we now all take this approach of “well, he was never ours.”
Britt was asked to wait to see if he cleared and he didn’t want to continue waiting so he went to Ole Miss. same situation as Manuel who is waiting because he’d rather be at Florida than anywhere else.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
3 rivals five stars in a class is a good way to build momentum for the following class when we have put the tires to the pavement on these kids for 3 years now and are favorites for a handful of them

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Britt was asked to wait to see if he cleared and he didn’t want to continue waiting so he went to Ole Miss. same situation as Manuel who is waiting because he’d rather be at Florida than anywhere else.
Are you sure you really want to apply common sense and widely accepted interpretation of the facts to the Britt and Manuel recruitment situation/outcomes? That's a pretty risky approach in some quarters you know.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If this happens Brewster should be paid more than Knox on principle alone

Or maybe we pay Brewster Knox's salary too. Knox sure ain't doing anything to earn his. And maybe he'll get tired of working for free and quit.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
We've had three dominant RBs over the past 25 years: Fred Taylor, Earnest Graham, and Ciatrick Fason.
Of course, there were others that suffered from shyt coaches that couldn't recruit the O Line and all the transitions on offense, and that is perhaps why we haven't been able to land a stud RB.
But Mullen has addressed these issues and brought some stability to the program--he certainly has placed an emphasis on recruiting the O Line.
I think Mullen has done enough on offence to convince a star RB that he can flourish; the question is do we have the recruiters to sell it.
Perhaps Brewster will be the man to get it done.
Either way, we NEED a difference-maker at that position, and that is not taking anything away from the RBs we have now--I'm not sure how we can evaluate them with any justice given our Oline issues.
But is there anyone on our roster that we can say is truly dominant?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We've had three dominant RBs over the past 25 years: Fred Taylor, Earnest Graham, and Ciatrick Fason.
Of course, there were others that suffered from shyt coaches that couldn't recruit the O Line and all the transitions on offense, and that is perhaps why we haven't been able to land a stud RB.
But Mullen has addressed these issues and brought some stability to the program--he certainly has placed an emphasis on recruiting the O Line.
I think Mullen has done enough on offence to convince a star RB that he can flourish; the question is do we have the recruiters to sell it.
Perhaps Brewster will be the man to get it done.
Either way, we NEED a difference-maker at that position, and that is not taking anything away from the RBs we have now--I'm not sure how we can evaluate them with any justice given our Oline issues.
But is there anyone on our roster that we can say is truly dominant?

What has he done at the running back position that makes you think he can get you into the NFL? You say he has done enough he has been here for two years, no backs in the league. Was at Mississippi State for a decade, I don't remember any notable backs in the league. I agree when need a dynamic back, and to show recruits we can have a solid OL for run blocking. But your statement he has shown enough, seems very devoid of actual facts.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
What has he done at the running back position that makes you think he can get you into the NFL? You say he has done enough he has been here for two years, no backs in the league.
Maybe I am not understanding what you are saying here, but CDM has been at UF for two seasons, and one NFL draft. In that draft a UF RB (albeit a Butters recruit) was drafted and is still on that team's roster. I suspect Perine will make a team as well. I agree with the part I didn't quote about his time at MSU - I don't' recall any of those backs doing much.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe I am not understanding what you are saying here, but CDM has been at UF for two seasons, and one NFL draft. In that draft a UF RB (albeit a Butters recruit) was drafted and is still on that team's roster. I suspect Perine will make a team as well. I agree with the part I didn't quote about his time at MSU - I don't' recall any of those backs doing much.

The lack of history there... when you are looking at the NFL landscape how many CDM running backs do you see? Now I do believe Perine should be drafted, if you are a 14-18 year old watching NFL football right now which CDM running back to you notice on Sundays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.