Recruiting NSD 2022

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
4 OL, 2DT, and two big DE.

Remember when we couldn’t sign players like these to save our lives?

Add in studs at LB, RB, DB and some other players who look to have high ceilings, and I can’t complain. BN did great work and will only improve. Not sorry about missing out on prima Donna head cases. Transfer portal will help and BN will stomp the recruiting trail 2023….

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I don’t think anyone should be disappointed with this class. After what has happened to our brand over the past few years, I think this is a great transition class. It’s better than anything Mullen could’ve dreamed of; especially when you consider how he absolutely sucked at filling in holes on the roster (which had me thinking the other day about how he must be the worst chess player alive). Anyway… yeah, we missed out on a few. However, don’t be surprised when they hit the portal, begging Napier to take them back. The guy is all about building relationships, and I’m convinced it’s going to work out to our benefit in the near future.

We got some studs in this class, and I’m glad they’re Gators. I feel like today was the last step to finally remove the remaining stench left from Mullen. This is the core Napier will build from, and I’m excited to see it all happen.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
This class was never going to be the measuring stick. Bump class is the do or die for every new HC. Should be much clearer in a few months.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As I said in the recruiting thread, I really didn’t expect us to close big today. It’s all about 2023. It was nice to be in the conversation.

Anybody that expected us to have a huge NSD was insane.

I expect a top 6 class next year. And then a top 3-4 class every year afterwards.

He has to get some DL in the portal to plug for this year.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I was dissapointed in Perk. With as much as his momma did not like LSU because his dad. I figured the kid would be smarter than that. Other than that compared to where we were in Dec to now this class was successful to me.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The main difference about this class from the last couple of coaches is that most, if not all, should make it on campus by the fall. This isn't a paper class. All things considered I'm happy with how Napier and his staff closed this class. 2023 should be a fun ride recruiting wise.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed. Pretty much missed on all the big ones. Lsu and miami finished ahead of us. The results aren't any different than what we've seen in the past few transition classes.
That being said , the effort is clearly there. After ESD, there was really only a handful of players left and they were out of state . Louisiana in particular isn't ideal to be trying to pull recruits away from. Recruiting is fun again. I feel like we'll better next cycle.
Like J said top6 or bust next year and I agree. Anything less will confirm that we haven't really upgraded.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Remember last year when the DB recruit announced he would attend Miami and English, on film, looked around the room and said "what did he say" :facepalm:
My point is nothing that happened today good or bad surprised this staff.
Instead of canceling the spring game and starting a 2 month vacation, they went straight to work on the class of 23.
Gator football coaches. Coming to a highschool near you.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
What does Miami have that we don’t? Giant city and south beach lol..

Hopefully everyone qualifies and we are still ahead of SOW

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Remember last year when the DB recruit announced he would attend Miami and English, on film, looked around the room and said "what did he say" :facepalm:
My point is nothing that happened today good or bad surprised this staff.
Instead of canceling the spring game and starting a 2 month vacation, they went straight to work on the class of 23.
Gator football coaches. Coming to a highschool near you.
CBN did say that the staff would take several days off.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As I said in the recruiting thread, I really didn’t expect us to close big today. It’s all about 2023. It was nice to be in the conversation.

Anybody that expected us to have a huge NSD was insane.

I expect a top 6 class next year. And then a top 3-4 class every year afterwards.

He has to get some DL in the portal to plug for this year.

Napier could be the best recruiter in the country, but if we don't have donors and businesses shelling out huge amounts of money to recruits, then a consistent top 3-6 class may not be possible. That's just how it's going to be with NIL, and Napier doesn't have full control of that component.

That said, I'm impressed with how he's done with only 2 months. I expect that we'll have a solid top 10 class next year. He's doing all the right things so far imo.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Napier could be the best recruiter in the country, but if we don't have donors and businesses shelling out huge amounts of money to recruits, then a consistent top 3-6 class may not be possible. That's just how it's going to be with NIL, and Napier doesn't have full control of that component.
This is the best observation yet. The recruiting game has changed. What mattered before doesn't hold the same weight.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This is the best observation yet. The recruiting game has changed. What mattered before doesn't hold the same weight.
I would suspect Napier will be able to rally the boosters. He seems to be on top of recruiting enough to realize what needs to happen. Let’s hope so anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb