Recruiting NSD 2022

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I would suspect Napier will be able to rally the boosters. He seems to be on top of recruiting enough to realize what needs to happen. Let’s hope so anyway.
Well, he'll have to be if he wants UF in the hunt for titles. He certainly knows what needs to be done.

The transition class was terrific under the circumstances. Perkins simply would have put it over the top.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Lets look at what the alternative would have been if Mullen had still been HBC today. Then be happy and motivated for what the future could be. But I agree totally that NIL has ruined CFB IMO.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Sad state of affairs in College Football now.
This NIL is nothing but a can of worms, or maggots, eating at the core of college football.

I’m disgusted by it.
Sanders caught the college football big boys flatfooted. While many have poured umpteen millions in up graded facility's, coach's salaries, and support staff, Deion realized that kids say
"show me the money", not "show me the football facility!" Now that the big dogs know how the game is going to be played, Deion (or others of his ilk) will be hard pressed to pull of such a stunner in the future.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Lets look at what the alternative would have been if Mullen had still been HBC today. Then be happy and motivated for what the future could be. But I agree totally that NIL has ruined CFB IMO.

This is what those of us who railed against paying players saw coming. There was never any other possibility.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Sanders caught the college football big boys flatfooted. While many have poured umpteen millions in up graded facility's, coach's salaries, and support staff, Deion realized that kids say
"show me the money", not "show me the football facility!" Now that the big dogs know how the game is going to be played, Deion (or others of his ilk) will be hard pressed to pull of such a stunner in the future.
I think after the dust settles, in the days and weeks to come, we are going to be stunned with what actually happened, today.

What Deion pulled is a drop in the bucket to what happened elsewhere.
Since it’s all perfectly fine now with the NCAA, I have a feeling there was some big time cash exchanged.

Can’t wait for someone to take a hard look at Jimbo.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I think after the dust settles, in the days and weeks to come, we are going to be stunned with what actually happened, today.

What Deion pulled is a drop in the bucket to what happened elsewhere.
Since it’s all perfectly fine now with the NCAA, I have a feeling there was some big time cash exchanged.

Can’t wait for someone to take a hard look at Jimbo.
I think Jimbo ranting and raving to anyone that will listen makes it worse. He's always been a top 10 recruiter, but to magically pull the greatest class of all time the minute NIL can be done is no coincidence.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty good class especially considering we went from being ranked 70th to finishing at 19th with 17 commits but that doesn't include the 6 transfer portal guys that fill some HUGE needs so that makes it a Top 12 class. Napier working hard filling out his staff and putting in work raking in some big time recruits and big time NEEDS. All in all a good class but like someone else said, we will need a top 6 class next cycle and some big names.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
I think Jimbo ranting and raving to anyone that will listen makes it worse. He's always been a top 10 recruiter, but to magically pull the greatest class of all time the minute NIL can be done is no coincidence.

His rant was bizarre and just what you see with people who lie about their deeds under pressure. First he denies it completely in a haughty outraged sort of way, then he immediately goes into “everybody does it” type of justifications, (I wanted to ask, “so everybody does it except you?”). Then he threatens to expose other people, and calls his would be accusers hypocrites. It was almost on the level of an unmasked scooby do villain. I just thought. Yep. Guilty.

My guess is they’re taking this to another level completely. Now that A through M is legal, they’ll get an edge by doing N through Z.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
One thing I found interesting from the press conference. Max Brown has only played qb for 2 years. Probably explains the low rating or atleast contributes to it.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I miss NSD being NSD. It was like a second Christmas. I could barely sleep the night before, then up at the crack of dawn to watch the commitments start rolling in at 7:30. Some years we got just what we wanted, some times a big surprise. Other years it was like the time I really wanted an orange Schwinn 10-speed but got a used, gold Montgomery Wards one instead.

But I miss it.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed. Pretty much missed on all the big ones. Lsu and miami finished ahead of us. The results aren't any different than what we've seen in the past few transition classes.
That being said , the effort is clearly there. After ESD, there was really only a handful of players left and they were out of state .

ESD voids comparisons to prior transition classes and the portal muddies the waters as well.

He’s got a lot better pitch for 2023 with the facilities & dorms, but he’s got a lot of ground to make up there too.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Pretty good class especially considering we went from being ranked 70th to finishing at 19th with 17 commits but that doesn't include the 6 transfer portal guys that fill some HUGE needs so that makes it a Top 12 class. Napier working hard filling out his staff and putting in work raking in some big time recruits and big time NEEDS. All in all a good class but like someone else said, we will need a top 6 class next cycle and some big names.
So if all enroll we are adding 23 to the roster? Can you list the positions of transfers in, if you recall?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator