NSD UF Presser

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Really? Can you honestly say those thing about Mac?

Until actual games happen, we can only go by what we see. I see a coach that fits the quote above and a previous one that didn't.

As you stated, until games actually happen...

All of this is just talk. I remember when Muschamp spoke in his opening press conference about stretching the field vertically. Did that happen?

Look, Mullen could tell me that Jennifer Love Hewitt will come knocking at my door butt-naked asking for sex, but will I believe him?

Y'all are getting way too excited over words. IDGAF what Mullen says. After nearly 10 years of miserable football, it needs to be proven on the field only.

And with the hire we got, it doesn't matter what comes out of his mouth. We'll continue to be the same mediocre program that we've been for the last decade.

Thank you, Stricklin for keeping us the s---storm we are.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm honestly shocked this isn't getting more discussion here. My Bama buddy texted me an article about this quote and was really surprised Mullen would make such a bold statement. Basically said that this was Mullen saying he wouldn't let Georgia take over the east.

To me, this is a very defining statement. He is basically laying down a couple huge points:

1 - I'm not McElwain and the two SEC East titles he brought here are not adequate. We can and will do better.

2 - I'm not scared of Georgia. We can and will compete with them and we will treat that game as the huge rivalry and season influencing game it should be.

To me this quote is massive and almost deserves it's own thread. The fact it is buried here and getting no discussion seems to not do it the justice it deserves.

I agree... this is both of these points.

1. We went to the game twice with McElwain, but we were not close to a dominant program.

2. I'm not going to concede that UGA is the dominant program and we just need to take a back seat.. WE ARE FLORIDA and we will compete for championships!!!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
2 - I'm not scared of Georgia. We can and will compete with them and we will treat that game as the huge rivalry and season influencing game it should be.

Having spent the last near decade in the SECWest, has he ever expressed or shown fear of Bama? Or Aub or Ole Miss? You can't. Because if you do, you need to get out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I didnt like him, at all, either. He was very young though, and I suspect his mediocre record at Cowbell and inability to move up no doubt trimmed the ego some.

H20Gator

Sep 27, 2015
Y'all are getting way too excited over words. IDGAF what Mullen says. After nearly 10 years of miserable football, it needs to be proven on the field only.
Thank you, Stricklin for keeping us the s---storm we are.

If you're saying it can only be proven on the field, how do you know Stricklin made a bad hire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb