Number 2

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
This is a hard choice for me. The experts say Will White, but I have no personnel recollection of him. Dominique Easley was great when healthy, but 2 ACLs injuries limited his playing time. Bo Carroll and Jeff Demps were both good but kind of situational players. I have to give it to Lamical Perine. He played behind a truly offensive offensive line, did a real good job of protecting the quarterback, and had really good hands as an outlet receiver. He was responsible for a great deal of our success last year.

Lamical Perine - Football - Florida Gators

47739f433cf43b8a0871394d5b315c66.jpg

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Will or Adrian White are better picks, as is Easley. Perine was never even All-SEC and while certainly hindered by his line and offense, he had a whopping 677 yards his best season.

Shea Showers is lurking too, but just a bit behind and not quite there enough to intercept this honor.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
AR is already the best #2 and he hasn't even stepped on the field yet.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Will or Adrian White are better picks, as is Easley. Perine was never even All-SEC and while certainly hindered by his line and offense, he had a whopping 677 yards his best season.

Shea Showers is lurking too, but just a bit behind and not quite there enough to intercept this honor.

I agree on Will White. For a while he had the Int record for UF(not sure if that stands), plus had the pass tip/break-up to seal the win over fsu in '91. Probably put DE in second place, but also recognize that he could've been so much better, and be associated with much better times if playing for a competent coach.

I met Showers. Really good guy.

Love Perine, but just not on WW's level.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
How can y’all forget about Brad Stewart? When he’s not suspended he plays well

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Not saying he was the best #2 (and wasn't he #22 for a few seasons?), but Perine was my son's and my favorite player the last few seasons. Partially it was for how hard he always seemed to play, but mostly because Mrs. G thought his name was pronounced "Lam-uh-cal." She still hasn't lived that one down.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not saying he was the best #2 (and wasn't he #22 for a few seasons?), but Perine was my son's and my favorite player the last few seasons. Partially it was for how hard he always seemed to play, but mostly because Mrs. G thought his name was pronounced "Lam-uh-cal." She still hasn't lived that one down.

He probably has the most notable play of them all. I'd put this alongside White's play in '91.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Like LAMM uh cul?

to be fair the name probably needs a couple of apostrophes to make it clear.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He could be the next Tebow, Newton, Russel Wilson, etc. and he'd still be riding our bench if last year was any indication of our player personnel decisions.
oh he absolutely will not start until EJ's gone. hell you're not even allowed to pass until you're a junior. Mullinz gonna Mullinz.

the next coach will get a good one though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.