Number 3

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Treon still had more yards than Jeff Demps.

Certainly more than Jeff Dip****.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I didn't realize injun had a job in the NFL until I watched the Falcon's special teams. Even Mrs Dougie was screamed "why aren't they jumping on the ball."

Perfect example of how one person saying something convincingly enough can influence an entire group. I was thinking later, that rule may be the one rule that hasn’t changed a bit in their entire lifetime, regardless of year or what level they were playing. A bunch of paid professionals who absolutely know better sitting there like, “oh yeah, that’s right.” Incredible. I still don’t even know exactly what they were thinking.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Perfect example of how one person saying something convincingly enough can influence an entire group. I was thinking later, that rule may be the one rule that hasn’t changed a bit in their entire lifetime, regardless of year or what level they were playing. A bunch of paid professionals who absolutely know better sitting there like, “oh yeah, that’s right.” Incredible. I still don’t even know exactly what they were thinking.

I've watched it a couple of times, and I'm baffled. One of the few rules the NFL hasn't messed up, I've heard former players try to explain it. But at the end of the day, all it takes is one player to knock the ball out of bounds or fall on it game is over.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Leon Lett says “hi”.

Alex.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't realize injun had a job in the NFL until I watched the Falcon's special teams. Even Mrs Dougie was screamed "why aren't they jumping on the ball."
what the hell did I miss?

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
Rainey was with the Gators from 2007-2011, so one year with Muschump (11), what is the excuse for the other three years (08,09,10).

We can throw the Dazzler in there for 2010 (plus his bonehead text that got him suspended).

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Imagine KJ and Stiner.

My first thought was "I'd rather not.. My second was, KJ may have actually been better than Jaewon Taylor and we saw plenty of JT & Stiner. So, Fuch, I guess we don't have to imagine too much. The only difference would be how much faster KJ was in getting to the wrong spot.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
maybe it should have been KJ and Taylor. I don't actually remember either of those two doing anything right.

Stiner at least got that one suicide blitz (when we left one man uncovered in Man 0) vs Cowbell.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
maybe it should have been KJ and Taylor. I don't actually remember either of those two doing anything right.

Stiner at least got that one suicide blitz (when we left one man uncovered in Man 0) vs Cowbell.

Honestly, his pick in the endzone against Auburn last year probably won the game for us. Not the guy I prefer having back there, but he isn't a head case and, as you said, is light years better than Taylor. Four years of significant playing time and I couldn't tell you one positive play from JT. Not sure how that's possible.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

So, Kyle's family made a highlight reel for him (not kidding) and the best part is that the first two plays are vintage KJ, he waits back with no attack and while he gets the tackle on Moreno, it is closer to a trip by standing in the way than any sense of a highlight reel tackle. The next play is him taking an awful angle on Moreno and giving up an additional 30 yards for a near TD. There's another awful angle about 5-6 plays in against SC & Davis. It's like his own family is fuching with him. He does make a nice pick against La Tech at about the 3 minute mark. That might have been the career play you couldn't recall.

Enjoy:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So, Kyle's family made a highlight reel for him (not kidding) and the best part is that the first two plays are vintage KJ, he waits back with no attack and while he gets the tackle on Moreno, it is closer to a trip by standing in the way than any sense of a highlight reel tackle. The next play is him taking an awful angle on Moreno and giving up an additional 30 yards for a near TD. There's another awful angle about 5-6 plays in against SC & Davis. It's like his own family is fuching with him. He does make a nice pick against La Tech at about the 3 minute mark. That might have been the career play you couldn't recall.

Enjoy:

One of those players that actually seemed promising as a Freshman, but almost regressed with each year. And I think he had Heater or Holliday as his position coach, which makes it even stranger. But I'll add this. He's one of the coolest former players I've ever met and bleeds orange and blue. Incredibly good guy who I've been around on several occasions. If we're talking strictly play on the field, not the best. But in real life, he's exactly what we want our players to be like and has done very well for himself.

*Not related, just fyi. Feel free to check earlier threads.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've heard he's a great dude too.

if you look at all the other safeties on the team during that era, he was replaced once by Reggie Nelson and the second time by Major Wright, there's no way to blame that on coaching. Either you want it or you don't. Nelson, Wright, Black wanted it. They wanted the ball, more than the receiver, and they wanted to hit.

I don't know where the game last year but some running back took a swing pass and goes to the left side line, Taylor and Steiner show up they pause for a second break down perfectly..... and the running back splits them. half-hearted arm tackles are ignored.

when I see something like that I wonder what Black and Elam think. Just no predator instinct. Back when we were good, our safeties wear feared.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I remember a play on the sideline last year just a little swing pass. The awesome duo of Steiner and Taylor are right on the spot they break down perfectly... and the guy splits them with both making halfassed arm tackle attempts.

I just imagine what

I've heard he's a great dude too.

if you look at all the other safeties on the team during that era, he was replaced once by Reggie Nelson and the second time by Major Wright, there's no way to blame that on coaching. Either you want it or you don't. Nelson, Wright, Black wanted it. They wanted the ball, more than the receiver, and they wanted to hit.

I don't know where the game last year but some running back took a swing pass and goes to the left side line, Taylor and Steiner show up they pause for a second break down perfectly..... and the running back splits them. half-hearted arm tackles are ignored.

when I see something like that I wonder what Black and Elam think. Just no predator instinct. Back when we were good, our safeties wear feared.

Yeah, I remember reading about that play somewhere.

Get help, pal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.