a4a3bcc9-88ac-477a-a166-8a11bedbde81_text.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s Percy in a runaway.
You ever bothered actually looking at what part-time Percy produced?

Reggie actually played, on rhe field, without being too smoked out to remember the playbook, or suspended for being smoked out.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You ever bothered actually looking at what part-time Percy produced?

Reggie actually played, on rhe field, without being too smoked out to remember the playbook, or suspended for being smoked out.
If Percy and Reggie switch positions, Percy would have been an excellent DB while Reggie would have stunk trying to catch and run. Lots of guys played every down during their time here and they aren't in this conversation either.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Percy and Reggie switch positions, Percy would have been an excellent DB while Reggie would have stunk trying to catch and run. Lots of guys played every down during their time here and they aren't in this conversation either.
Jeebus. Percy missed half his playing time and couldnt remember the playbook.

He would have been laughable at safety.

Actual production matters. Percy's probably what a top 40 receiver at UF? I'm sure he's pretty far down the list. let me look it up. BRB.

Edit: #17 all time receiver. Higher than I thought. Right in front of Richard Trapp and Harrison Houston.

You probably didn't notice but Reggie Nelson is still playing in the NFL. there's a reason for that.

Percy smoked his way out of the NFL very quickly.

What could have been though in college and the NFL if he cared dearly as much about football as he did weed.

Last edited:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

he would have been laughable at safety.

you probably didn't notice but Reggie Nelson is still playing in the NFL. there's a reason for that.

and Percy smoked his way out of the NFL very quickly.
Every time I start talking 'bout boxing, some white guy gotta bring up Rocky Marciano.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

He would have been laughable at safety.

Actual production matters. Percy's probably what a top 40 receiver at UF? I'm sure he's pretty far down the list. let me look it up. BRB.

Edit: #17 all time receiver. Higher than I thought. Right in front of Richard Trapp and Harrison Houston.

You probably didn't notice but Reggie Nelson is still playing in the NFL. there's a reason for that.

Percy smoked his way out of the NFL very quickly.

What could have been though in college and the NFL if he cared dearly as much about football as he did weed.
Good Lord. Percy wasn't a "receiver." He was an athlete that we simply go the ball to as many times as possible. He finished his career at UF with an astounding 11.5 yards per touch even though the defense had to be keying on him every time he was in the game. I wonder how many rushing yards the 16 receivers on that list in front of Percy racked up?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
you can probably look up the list of the top career running backs too.

Edit: he's number 22 currently, between Gillespie and Scarlett.

As for total receiving and rushing, 3700ish yards, he is slightly better than Earnest Graham. luckily Earnest missed a few games from an actual injury, not just doobies.

Percy does have a couple hundred yards more than Perine, Demps or Rainey. Rare air.

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

As for total receiving and rushing, 3700ish yards, he is slightly better than Earnest Graham. luckily Earnest missed a few games from an actual injury, not just doobies.

Percy does have a couple hundred yards more than Perine, Demps or Rainey. Rare air.
Graham also played four seasons while Harvin only played three. And while Harvin did get himself suspended a few times, he too lost playing time to injuries.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Probably the toughest one yet. Both good answers.

Tony George also has to be in the mix for Top 3.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
Percy was probably the most physically gifted to ever wear the number 1. Other Gator greats that have not been mentioned include Terence Barber, Jack Jackson, Tony George, Keiwan Ratliff, Jenali Jenkins (while he lasted), Chris Rainey (mentioned at #3), Vernon Hargreaves, and CJ Henderson.

Last edited:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

What defensive stat list is RFN at the top of?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kyle Morris is the easy choice here. Legendary QB under Lynn Amedee's "Amedeeville Horror" offense. Morris gets the nod here not for his awful QB skills, but for the ferocious tackling style he exhibited on interception returns, often getting an additional 15-yard penalty tacked onto the return for good measure. He threw 3 touchdowns to 17 interceptions one year, but he often led the team in tackles.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Percy was probably the most physically gifted to ever wear the number 1. Other Gator greats that have not been mentioned include Terence Barber, Jack Jackson, Tony George, Keiwan Ratliff, Jenali Jenkins (while he lasted), Chris Rainey (mentioned at #3), Vernon Hargreaves, and CJ Henderson.

Pretty sure Barber was #3. But you make some good points. Back before it was common to switch numbers or be given the #1 in your final year, Jack Jackson and Ratliff were special players. I completely overlooked them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb