Nuss is the playcaller

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
We're in deep doo doo but it has nothing to do with the OC. The defense was playing at half speed and still all over the QBs. You can't do anything with out a good OL and we haven't had a good offensive line since the twins were here. "Pitiful, just pitiful."

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You're right Oxking. This is way deeper than the OC. Difference with Mac is he'll be all over the offense and Nuss. We need those 6 new OL'men (Ivey) on campus asap. Dumbchump took a hole that we were in and put us in a crater.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I said in the other thread, I was wrong. After finally getting to watch it last night, I liked the concepts I saw on offense.

The OL will limit us, obviously, and this will be a long year, but I like the way we are going.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n207835 said:
We're in deep doo doo but it has nothing to do with the OC. The defense was playing at half speed and still all over the QBs. You can't do anything with out a good OL and we haven't had a good offensive line since the twins were here. "Pitiful, just pitiful."

It's true. It's also why the biggest emphasis seemed to be on getting the ball out quickly. Mac mentioned it multiple times.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n207703 said:
Law, your eternal optimism inspires me. :woohoo:
Sorry, it's been a rough run. I'm usually the First and Worst of the Bandwagon Fans, as several are happy to point out my initial support of Chimp and Cheeseburger. I've seen Nuss through the years, and he scared the shiit out of me.

I liked what I saw. We did the best we could with what we have. I'm on the Mac Train.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Law98gator;n207856 said:
I said in the other thread, I was wrong. After finally getting to watch it last night, I liked the concepts I saw on offense.

The OL will limit us, obviously, and this will be a long year, but I like the way we are going.

So when you said yesterdays play calling looked like Nuss's days in Michigan you were just making that up ? LOL

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Blacklabgator;n207895 said:
So when you said yesterdays play calling looked like Nuss's days in Michigan you were just making that up ? LOL
Where did I say that? I think I said "Does it look like Michigan/Bama/Washington or does it look like CSU?" I can't find that at the moment, but as I said, I watched the dvr late.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Law98gator;n207896 said:
Where did I say that? I think I said "Does it look like Michigan/Bama/Washington or does it look like CSU?" I can't find that at the moment, but as I said, I watched the dvr late.

The edit tool is a neat feature. No worries, I'm enjoying the backpedal today.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You need the car before you can start worrying about who's driving it. We're dangerously thin at OL and at QB experience and the offense is brand new. Why would anyone expect anything other than a slow and tentative beginning? Law, you need to be spanked.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n207899]Law, you need to be spanked. [/QUOTE]
You offering?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Blacklabgator;n207898 said:
The edit tool is a neat feature. No worries, I'm enjoying the backpedal today.
I'm sure the mods can see anything that changed. I enjoy being wrong when it means my Gators looked better than I expected.

[QUOTE='78;n207899]You need the car before you can start worrying about who's driving it. We're dangerously thin at OL and at QB experience and the offense is brand new. Why would anyone expect anything other than a slow and tentative beginning?[/QUOTE]Slow or tentative was never the issue, and of course I'm aware of the OL disaster. I'm just glad it looked more like we wanted to some day be more like Spurrier's offense than Chimp's.

It's been a long time since we even tried on offense. It's refreshing, even if it will be a while until we have all the parts for the car.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n207860 said:
Sorry, it's been a rough run. I'm usually the First and Worst of the Bandwagon Fans, as several are happy to point out my initial support of Chimp and Cheeseburger. I've seen Nuss through the years, and he scared the shiit out of me.

I liked what I saw. We did the best we could with what we have. I'm on the Mac Train.

Props to ya, Law. :clap:

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n207860 said:

I noticed it in the first drive where we actually ran a basic route concept that involved more than just predesignating a receiver to throw to like we have since Meyer got here. Grier read the Safety pre-snap, held the Safety with his eyes on the slant to the WR and then quickly hit the TE in the flats. A good run after the catch set us up on the 1 yard line, but it was that simple route combo that has been lacking around here for ages.

I understand your apprehension with Nussy, but I really think the only thing that will hold our offense back this year is the offensive line. Let's hope that Ivey is everything and more what we hope he is.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n207706 said:
Officially blocked along with alvin the idiot.
If you're not a Hater you're Haterbait.

I don't have any problem with Laws commentary on Nutswinger. None at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator