OBJ Gives money to LSU players in plain sight after NC

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So remuneration for one's performance while still under NCAA restrictions ought to be judged a violation, regardless of whether the recipient does not compete in college going forward .... which leaves sanctions on the school program.

Regardless, it warrants investigating how $-proud Beckham was after LSU won the SEC Championship game.?? Payoffs there would render recipient players ineligible to play in the NC game. Investigate OBJ during this season. And also what if that was coming from profits OBJ gambled on the game?

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Kirklin is eligible to turn pro, but I'm going to guess he is not planning to given he had two receptions for 75 yards this year, both of which came against the Northwestern State Demons. It appears he only played in one other game...against Georgia State where he collected zero receptions for zero yards. Definitely not the type of player that usually declares a year early for the draft.
Guy didn't even deserve to get paid. Gotta earn dat payola.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So, sweet Joe B. goes on a local talk show, the host ask about the fake money....... Pin head Joe says "I'm not a student athlete anymore so , Fck yea it was real money...." Throws the school who took him in under the NCAA bus!

I don't think anything will happen but this indicates a real maturity issue with super Joe.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So, sweet Joe B. goes on a local talk show, the host ask about the fake money....... Pin head Joe says "I'm not a student athlete anymore so , Fck yea it was real money...." Throws the school who took him in under the NCAA bus!

I don't think anything will happen but this indicates a real maturity issue with super Joe.
Disagree.
It indicates a loyalty issue.

His trip to LSU was all business. He got what he wanted and he gone.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All he had to say was, "I don't know".

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
All he had to say was, "I don't know".
But he did know. He could have given a truthful, but disingenuous, answer saying "Well, I haven't tried to spend mine yet", but how many of us think that fast when confronted with a direct question?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There's always been something about him i didnt care for. He's got an arrogance about him. Coach O gives him a second chance opportunity, becomes his biggest cheerleader, and this is how he repays him, minutes after his last game. It's not a good look.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's always been something about him i didnt care for. He's got an arrogance about him. Coach O gives him a second chance opportunity, becomes his biggest cheerleader, and this is how he repays him, minutes after his last game. It's not a good look.

This is my feeling also. It seems like an immature, thoughtless reply to me.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But he did know. He could have given a truthful, but disingenuous, answer saying "Well, I haven't tried to spend mine yet", but how many of us think that fast when confronted with a direct question?

How do you think Tim would have replied? If he wasn't right there watching the transaction, he should have just deflected the question.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Timwouldn't have taken the money, so he would have had no certain knowledge.

Right but there is no report that Burrow took any money and he wasn't standing there in the video, so it's just his opinion as to what happened. Oh well, nothing will happen and maybe that's the way it should end.
I'm satisfied that the SEC won again and now we just have to get back to work.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OBJ wishes he could be styling and profiling like this man:
tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.