% of Blue Chip players

Jun 2, 2015
Miami just moved (2019)into this category of over 50% of blue chip players (50.6%) (4 to 5 star). Alabama has around 77% in comparison but interesting is the fact that FSU has over 60%. Not sure of UF's percentage. While the higher the percent, the better the chance for a NC, however, I don't think this automatically determines a NC as other factors have to be taken into consideration such as SOC, depth, coaching, injuries, etc. I have no idea how we will perform this year, specifically offensively but hopefully will not embarrass ourselves on national TV on Aug. 24th.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is at 54% last time I checked and there’s a direct correlation with blue chip percentages and winning national titles

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
2018 College Football Team Talent Composite

2018's roster - potential talent rankings - We were higher than most probably would suspect at # 12.

What also is surprising is there is really only 2 teams (USC and FSU) that underperformed big time in the top 12 - usually there is about 4 or so where that is the case.

We also are just below the cutoff line where most teams have 50% or more blue chippers as scholarship players.

My guess is this most recent class will put us at right around 50% or just over that when the 2019 season arrives.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I’d like to see an analysis player of ratings that correlates success to geography. Many of us would rather have a 4* Florida kid than a 5* Californian (paging Dillon Baxter). Is that a perception or does it bear out? Where did our 3* “finds” come from?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I’d like to see an analysis player of ratings that correlates success to geography. Many of us would rather have a 4* Florida kid than a 5* Californian (paging Dillon Baxter). Is that a perception or does it bear out? Where did our 3* “finds” come from?

Isn't Law or someone else's rule here that you subtract one star from any California defensive player. Maybe we can consider Steele a borderline blue chipper anyway since he is a 5 star on Rivals. :D

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Isn't Law or someone else's rule here that you subtract one star from any California defensive player. Maybe we can consider Steele a borderline blue chipper anyway since he is a 5 star on Rivals. :D

Yeah, something about that Cali water...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Diaz was the DC that just got his azz stomped by Wisconsin with your scrotUM defense (same talent, not getting beaten when he was as some directional school). You stole Diaz from Temple and literally no one else wanted him.

He is your Ron Zook, except at least our Ron Zook didn't switch jobs every 1.5 years.

Dream on.

Last edited:

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Remember Jimmy Johnson?...no head coaching experience, relative unknown out of OK State and no real track record & certainly not considered a bluechip coach @ the time. The big thing about Diaz is that at least he has a pulse unlike our last coach.
Are you predicting lightning will strike twice in Coral Gables football?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.