Offensive Line and Running Backs - Week 1

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well shoot. I was expecting our OL to do some parting of the sea for our RBs. The OL was a flop in firing out, in creating lanes.
I'm betting we get more out of Damien Pierce than other RBs.
I'm betting that once K.Toney gets suited, our O attack gets much harder to defend.
To look forward to, we've got the growth of Cleveland, Jefferson, Grimes, ... Hammond, Swain ... Krull etc.
Everybody is new & eager.
Mullen's sideline jubilation for Slayton's fumble ramble has got to be good for recruits at home to see.
The honesty of Mullen will be a magnet for this program that will take a while to spread thru the state.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I've watched the multiple Ivey busted plays clips several times and it's mind blowing that a senior 5-star recruit played like that against a 1AA team.

If this happens again this week vs. Kentucky does Hevesy make a change? Does Ivey get benched? Does he move inside? Is RG, TJ, Banks, Forsythe or anyone else ready to start at RT? IMO, it's the biggest issue moving forward.

We get Heggie back soon, so someone is going to the bench that started Saturday night.

Thoughts?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Nice thread title. Whatever tf that means

It means you know WTF the thread is about without having to open it. "Martez Ivey.....(fill in the blank)". But hey, your great "Felipe Franks" thread title said it all!! Sorry it butt hurt you....

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It means you know WTF the thread is about without having to open it. "Martez Ivey.....(fill in the blank)". But hey, your great "Felipe Franks" thread title said it all!! Sorry it butt hurt you....
I'll be butt hurting your momma

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It means that Ivey is TERRIBLE on the OL. He was consistently beat by the CSU DE's and DT's... Not sure how he was rated a 5 star. He does not know how to pass block. Apopka only threw the ball about 5 times per game and, some how he was rated a 5 star....

Taylor, from Cocoa, is the best OL by far we have by far.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I am going to keep harping on this until I see improvement. The OL did not have a good night tonight. Our QB's were under pressure immediately after they caught the snap and they had to shuffle in the "pocket" and/or run... CSU is a team our OL should have completely dominated in the passing and running game - and they did not...

OL looked poor all around...no doubt. However, ill wait and see where they are next week

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I wonder what's going on with Ivey. Would sliding him to guard even help? Maybe put him at rg over Fred Johnson. The depth chart says its Forsythe or Banks as backup. I doubt they're much better.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The OL was always going to be the weak link on this team and will be marginal at best.

And we were never going to beat the big boys on our schedule w the "talent" Butters assembled.
But they are going to be mean...I am hoping they are beating them out back with water hoses.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder what's going on with Ivey. Would sliding him to guard even help? Maybe put him at rg over Fred Johnson. The depth chart says its Forsythe or Banks as backup. I doubt they're much better.
I think Ivey was pretty good at guard and pulling on blocking plays.

I don't like him at tackle at all, but I don't really like any of our tackles except JT.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Every preseason interview I saw with Chris Doering had him complaining about the o-line. He has repeatedly said they do not look good and he was able to watch them first hand in camp. I think they are our biggest problem.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Ivey has been playing off of his recruiting rankings for 4 years now. He has never impressed as any kind of a dominant player since he put on the orange and blue. I wish it was otherwise but he has been average at best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator