Gator Basketball ***Official Basketball Thread - Florida vs Kensucky***

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Saying they "never quit" is a moral victory. Is that where we are as a program? Ive heard this after every identical loss this year. "Aw they played hard." If they played hard for the whole game they would be solidly in the tourney.

Get white out of here, theres no excuses with the talent we have this year

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Notice the haters are silent after those wins but magically appear with the same shttt. Tough loss on road to best SEC team. This team has improved from earlier. THey dont appear intimidated. Locke hurt us tonite but won a few games for us. Proud of the boys. UK has at least twice the talent we have.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
My stti
The attitude of "Theres no quit in this team" when you are losing the same damn way every time is a losers attitude to try and make yourself feel better.

Our attitude does not impact the play on the floor. I feel great every day ....I don’t need anything more to “feel better”.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Notice the haters are silent after those wins but magically appear with the same shttt. Tough loss on road to best SEC team. This team has improved from earlier. THey dont appear intimidated. Locke hurt us tonite but won a few games for us. Proud of the boys. UK has at least twice the talent we have.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I don;t disagree with anything you said with the exception of the highlighted sentence. Perhaps on a recruiting ranking basis you are correct. But to the naked eye, I disagree. UK's talent level is no better than 4 other team's in this league. This is one of their least talented teams basketball skill wise in a number of years.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Saying they "never quit" is a moral victory. Is that where we are as a program? Ive heard this after every identical loss this year. "Aw they played hard." If they played hard for the whole game they would be solidly in the tourney.

Get white out of here, theres no excuses with the talent we have this year

There is no such thing as a moral victory. A loss is a loss. Quitting is merely a reflection of character. Our guys didn’t quit...they got outplayed by the top ranked team in the league.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
There is no such thing as a moral victory. A loss is a loss. Quitting is merely a reflection of character. Our guys didn’t quit...they got outplayed by the top ranked team in the league.
No. They got up 7, then their effort suddenly disappeared. By the time they woke up, it was too late

Ps: negative ratings from people i have ignored make me smile.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I don;t disagree with anything you said with the exception of the highlighted sentence. Perhaps on a recruiting ranking basis you are correct. But to the naked eye, I disagree. UK's talent level is no better than 4 other team's in this league. This is one of their least talented teams basketball skill wise in a number of years.
I wont argue for shear talent they are down some but I just looked at the bio's of 7 players and all were top 20 in their HS classes rated by rivals or ESPN. We dont even come close. Most of them were in the Mcdonalds all star game.

Last edited:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
No. They got up 7, then their effort suddenly disappeared. By the time they woke up, it was too late

Except it really wasn’t too late. It was a 2 point game in the final seconds.

Unlike some sports....a 7 point lead in basketball with that much time left is not considered insurmountable. It’s typically a game of runs. Kentucky went down 7....because of their own lull.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How can we be so upset when almost everyone predicted and expected a loss?

Just asking for a friend....

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Because people are still making excuses for this team. White needs to be out on his ass yesterday

Sorry Buddy but just saying they played hard or never quit, isn't an excuse...... it's just acknowledging the simple truth. You seem to be a little distraught........ over a basketball game.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
How can we be so upset when almost everyone predicted and expected a loss?

Just asking for a friend....
Cause when you make 1 shot in 12 min in the 2nd half...a ****ty coach with this team could do better and if we do even 2 baskets better in 12 freaking min...we win

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cause when you make 1 shot in 12 min in the 2nd half...a ****ty coach with this team could do better and if we do even 2 baskets better in 12 freaking min...we win

Not defending White "I would be happy if he was fired tomorrow" but did he miss the shot's?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
It was @ky, so I cant be too mad. However, I agree white's losses all follow the same pattern, so I'm still annoyed.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Not defending White "I would be happy if he was fired tomorrow" but did he miss the shot's?

This is the comical part. I’m not sure if there is anyone on here who is a fan of MW or his style. Is there anyone? Literally everyone I’ve read would love to open up a coaching search and see who might be available.

But it absolutely will not happen for at least another season. It just won’t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator