Gator Basketball ***Official Basketball Thread - Florida vs Loser State University***

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Wednesday 9pm ESPN.

Time for Locke to make some shots. Maybe Payne will be productive.
I’m confident Nembhard will step up.

Let’s have a consistent 40 minute game and lead from start to finish. If we win 20 we’ll be in the tournament (still not guaranteed though).

Name and town if you wish to opine.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Considering White-Trash is like 4-17 against tourney teams (regular season) the last 2 seasons, I don't have my hopes up.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well Calipari is no genius regarding X's and O's, but he was smart enough to know to keep one of his defenders inside of Locke's jock all night to relegate him to being useless. It is really easy to see for any coach who has the ability to look at game film. However Will Wade is a goof so I expect Locke to get a few uncontested looks as well as a few other things come more easily to the team. Does that equal a W? It does not b/c we have Mike.

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
Well Calipari is no genius regarding X's and O's, but he was smart enough to know to keep one of his defenders inside of Locke's jock all night to relegate him to being useless. It is really easy to see for any coach who has the ability to look at game film. However Will Wade is a goof so I expect Locke to get a few uncontested looks as well as a few other things come more easily to the team. Does that equal a W? It does not b/c we have Mike.

You may be right. Locke did well against them in first game. Probably his best game against upper competition. Hope he has a hot hand again. I do know that if Wade does something different, White won’t have any answers.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Well Calipari is no genius regarding X's and O's, but he was smart enough to know to keep one of his defenders inside of Locke's jock all night to relegate him to being useless.

That is an easy assignment when there is hardly any motion in the offense. I'm assuming White is allergic to motion.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That is an easy assignment when there is hardly any motion in the offense. I'm assuming White is allergic to motion.

Correct Maheo. Allergic, someone needs to hit him with an epi pen. White is especially allergic when the motion is 2 steps toward the basket. He's fine with 20 seconds of running around the far off perimeter but don't even look for a backdoor cutter.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you like mystery and intrigue then this team is for you.

I honestly have no idea how any game we play will turn out

We can play down to any teams level and up to nearly any team

We can play well early and get a lead or we can start ridiculously slow and fall behind

We can come back from nearly any deficit or collapse and blow any lead

No matter how a game is going, at any time we can fall asleep and face a scoring drought for ten minutes or more

The best part is we know that none of this will change at any point for the balance of the season

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm bothered by this one. LSU won't be as vulnerable this time.

I agree

The stage was set for an upset in Baton Rouge as LSU didn’t have their A game ready. Unfortunately we don’t have an A game so we couldn’t close the deal
I can’t help but think that LSU will be ready tomorrow night and we will continue to destroy the reputation of the O’Dome with yet another home loss
I hope I am wrong

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Louisiana State Legislature just raised the drinking age to 25 -- just to keep alcohol out of the high schools.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Please tell me again why we did not demolish the O'Dome, close Lemerand Drive and have a true, all in one, state of the art football facility? I ask b/c Vivid Seats has tickets to tonite's UF-LSU Men's basketball game for ONE dollar (before fees). Correct me if I am wrong but these are 2 of only 4 teams predicted to reach the NCAA tourney from the SEC. Spare me the excuses that it is a 9PM start time and the students can't go or people can't go b/c it is too late. The amount of interest for men's basketball is right on par as women's basketball: ZERO. Yes I know men's basketball attendance is down most everywhere, but for a school who touts its sports and a 10K seat gym, we can't give tickets away against a good opponent. We could have razed the ODome and played our home games on one of the courts at the Southwest Rec Center.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Please tell me again why we did not demolish the O'Dome, close Lemerand Drive and have a true, all in one, state of the art football facility? I ask b/c Vivid Seats has tickets to tonite's UF-LSU Men's basketball game for ONE dollar (before fees). Correct me if I am wrong but these are 2 of only 4 teams predicted to reach the NCAA tourney from the SEC. Spare me the excuses that it is a 9PM start time and the students can't go or people can't go b/c it is too late. The amount of interest for men's basketball is right on par as women's basketball: ZERO. Yes I know men's basketball attendance is down most everywhere, but for a school who touts its sports and a 10K seat gym, we can't give tickets away against a good opponent. We could have razed the ODome and played our home games on one of the courts at the Southwest Rec Center.

Have you seen Mike White coach?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Have you seen Mike White coach?

If you have been around for more than 3 minutes, I think you know the answer to that. I was on here more than 2 bball season's ago saying Mike sucked ballz and he is a horrendous half court offensive bball coach. So the answer is yes.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

An even better question is why did they spend $65 million on a new facility only to now try and convince the fans that we aren’t a basketball school?

The contradiction is so obvious that I struggle with the how the talking heads around the program can say this with a straight face

Wouldn’t be easier to simply admit that they made a bad hire and possibly maintain what little integrity they have left?

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Wouldn't that just make our day!
Anyone with 20 wins for 4 consecutive seasons is not a “bad hire”. I’m not saying he is the best, but he’s not terrible either.
Yes his team has underperformed regular season, but let’s not cast full judgment yet until March (and maybe April g-d willing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb